StarMade prebuild: Server bugs debugging and fix

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

I was occupied with private stuff this weekend so I couldn't work much, I'm sorry.

This build should work with clients of the current full release. It has some fixes and and some more debug information for other bugs that are happening on servers atm.

I hope this will help to figure out the rest of the critical bugs that still force a few servers down.

Get it here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130922_201101.zip

(as always "dev" is password and username)

thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    This maybe just me but I think you should really write out everything you\'ve changed. Telling us \"bug fixes\" yet not telling us what \"bug\" it was you fixed makes it harder because I\'m not sure what I should stop looking for and what to start looking for. I\'m just the kind of person that likes to know EVERYTHING that\'s been changed. It\'s time consuming but helpful to me atleast none the less.

Reaction score
    Laser color would be great for many reasons like for starwars fans or startreck,battle star galactic,sins of a solar empire fans, it is a good idea for laser color so like I whant to customize my laser color or just have fun with different laser colors like a rainbow gun I really like different laser colors so plz put different customizeable laser colors in the game

pleaze leave a comment about this idea and it would be great for some support

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I would normally do that but there is not much to be said. The changes are purely technical.

There is a bug that is causing problems with players using an obsolete sector (which has unloaded and does no longer exist).

This update eventually fixes the bug and has some triggers in place to give me info about other bugs, that however I don\'t know yet are fully identified, so I can\'t say much about it.

Reaction score
    Server is in a worse state now then last patch i have sent u numourse bug reports of my server crashes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    the thing i would like to know is that i still cant get on it i cant download it nor the one on the bottom what do i do

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    We should ignore this or ask for some moderators on this website, or something (assassination xD)... Man, this is total offtopic, totally not related to this build, go to reddit or make suggestion on the forum... I have plenty ideas for new blocks, features but I\'m not so desperate like you because most important right now is fairly stable and playable version. I believe when Shema move some hardcoded block/game features to config (blockconfig.cfg, server.cfg, etc.) we will be even able to make custom blocks with custom features by ourselves ;]

Reaction score
    I am making a mod and modder. I whant to add less on my mod so it\'s really not so time consuming

So I\'m saying schema can do at least one less thing that I have to do on the mod

Im really tryin to get schema to shortin my work just a little that\'s why I put the comment on the update So he can see it. i really should just mention that this was a mod I was working on and I whant to cut off stuff added to the mod that way make it easer for me to finish the mod and I ask for support for my idea so kindly stop being rude about my ways of puttin suggestions up and at least put what you think about the idea

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After that annoying spam message, \"Dr. Starmade\", I doubt your idea will be used, artists dislike trolls with a searing vengeance. Only time I actually enjoy spam is when it in that delicious canned meat form, that goes so well with mac and cheese.

Reaction score
    color lasers are just another rare big explosion on youtube block gameplay that you only get from a huge minecraft modpacks.

i would gladly support your idea.

but still please doint spam again.

Reaction score
    This does NOT work with the release-version clients. They will all have to update when joining the server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    please make a GUI in the launcher for updating to a devbuild. If you open source the launcher, the community could do great things

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    dont worry mate. laser colors are planned, but sever stability is a more pressing issue

Reaction score
    my public chat is acting weird it pups up and goes away very quickly

does this mean i cant talk to anybody

Reaction score
    Hi.

Yes, our server crashes more as in the previous version. But in the next release coming some good fixes to scan and find new bugs with a better logoutput to handle.

Cheers