StarMade Prebuild 0.09471: Structure panel

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

A new prebuild is out:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131113_010656.zip

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

Some new features are included in this build:

Structure Panel

The new panel enables players to have a total overview of the ship, and control every aspect of it. Especially usefully is the control all of the docked ships from the mother-ship at the same time.

Fast Inventory Switching

Players can now manage the inventories of their ship from one panel

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Perhaps you could add the ability to change the names of systems? For example, you could name plexdoor formations different things.

Reaction score
    Will the names of ships also be in the undocking menu and names for doors? Changing names and displaying ship names would be extremely helpful.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Could you go more in depth about what you can do for each system?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    And just as my first carrier ship nears completion. Schema, I love you. Please marry me.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i\'ve found a item duping bug that has been around for a few updates. while building stacks of items will clone themselves in my hotbar. it might be the result of a lag spike. the dupe will actually clone a stack of items by overtaking another stack right next to it. the cloned item will retain the amount of the stack it took over but it will be the item that was cloned. ive had this happen to me several times and its really annoying to hav large amounts of blocks just get deleted like this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'ve been experiencing this as well. Happens when you place mass amounts of something and the server is catching up. I used Cheat Engine to look into it further by increasing the amount I can place. It seems as though while the server is catching up, it takes the blocks out of the stack progressively, and if you switch over to another slot in the hot bar while this is taking place it replaces the blocks in any slots you pass over.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Can\'t wait for asteroid bases! :D

Although I find this very interesting, would this allow you to turn on and factionise your docked ships and turrets and turn their bobby AI modules on without exiting the mothership?

Reaction score
    Hello schema.

Super update. Morally pure and exactly the right time.

Cheers

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Now that\'s the kind of updates this game needs! Keep it up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    GOD

Schema you are truly a god. Its been such a pain having to go around the outside of an entire ship and activate EACH and EVERY turret. Thank you so much! This couldnt have come at a better time!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Nice, but I use plex doors for deployable landing gear, so we need naming in this.

Offtopic:

How to add custom skin to new player model, I mean visible to other players in server?

(you can enable it in settings.cfg)