StarMade Prebuild 0.09444

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

This prebuild will test more scalability options and some fixes on them.

I will try to release new version soon (as some of the bigger servers are experiencing game breaking lag, which the fixes should resolve)

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131107_233939.zip

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131108_040907.zip (fixed rare physics freeze)

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131108_203338.zip (fixed asteroid duping due to optimization)

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131110_205845.zip (fix for camera glitching on single core, server-block-config-obfuscation)

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

also a pretty old bug was (hopefully) fixed, where astronauts would enter glitched state for other clients somtimes.

WARNING: this version will do migration on the database and remove unnecessary data, as well as optimize the structure. Please be sure to back up your universe before using this build.

New Features: Here is a first glimps of one of many new things I'm working on at the moment.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I saw this video last night, (Subscriber ftw). I was hoping for some information on what your plan was for the first use of the pathing. I\'m assuming Mobs?

<3 So cool that this also works on ships! :).

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There is no glitching errors on planets ;)

Try this on ships or stations online :p

Reaction score
    Instead of debuffing the groups of AMCs unecessarily, just remove the equation in larger AMC arrays that makes larger guns less effiecient the bigger they get. This balances AMCs because even though larger guns are now more efficient, multiple arrays are required for efficient block breaking, otherwise it takes a long time destroying objects one block at a time. Another plus: This way doesnt screw over the ships we spend hours making. Buff stuff instead of nerfing things. Oh, and remember that any survival game like this IS unfair. A big ship will be better than a small one.

Reaction score
    I would not think mobs so much as AI players. AI players with lasers... heh. It would actually be really cool to have some of these things occupy pirate stations.

Oh, and schema, could you add a hybernation chamber or some giant test tube looking thing that when interacted with, would pop you into it? (And would pop your entity inside the transparent tube also) Once you got in, a GUI with button labeled \"Log Out\" would be displayed. If you hit esc or r, you would pop out of the chamber, but if you clicked \"Log Out\" you would log out. The difference would be that when you log back in, (assuming nothing bad happened) even if your friend had flown it to your base, you would pop into the game in front of your hybernation chamber. You could use hybernation chambers to travel very long journeys without needing your friends to stay online. If eventually you could make a ship navigate itself to a set coordinate, you can go into cryogenic sleep while you wait.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Actually, any game, including survival ones are meant to be fair as far as power goes - even in the given example, I agree that bigger ship is meant to be stronger - and it is fair, balanced by the price and work in creation of such ship. The problem was that arrays are characteristically unbalanced in comparison with other weapon systems and contrary to what you were claiming - medium sized, AMC array ship suddenly assaulting it\'s enemy could take quite bigger opponent - and it wasn\'t a matter of skill or tactics, just unbalanced design element.

Buffing stuff won\'t work in this case, unfortunately. AMC as they are either have to be nerfed, at least in arrays or every other block and block combination would have to be buffed. Also, since part of AMC problem lies in scalability of firepower against AMC power+size demand and ship\'s shield/hull defensive potential - change in the equations are part of that nerf.

We already had discussion about that in plenty of threads, on reddit and in comments. The only thing that\'s left now is for Schema to gather it all, finish checking the ideas and continue crunching numbers till they\'ll be finely adjusted.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Nice to see progress, Schema. I wonder though - will AI be able to move diagonally? Currently the character seems to be able to move to it\'s target solely horizontally and vertically, without ability to plot straight course, being restricted to making sharp, 90º turns instead.

Reaction score
    its nto bad to get the amc\'s ballanced down downwards so that they are more basic fighter wapon but u may also consider to add soem kind of multie block wapon that can only be used by big ships by limitignt he use to high power generatign ships and a minimum mass but already surgested that ont he forums soem where

Reaction score
    All I see is empty space, ctrl+a reveals 3 line breacks but that\'s it. So you\'re working on 3 things that you\'re not gonna tell us about? Checked this page with Internet Explorer 32 & 64 bit, Chrome, and Firefox.

Reaction score
    I would love too see correct missiles soon since they are fired from \"somewhere\" in the cannon no matter where you started.Actually I would love to see my Missiles at all since the system stopds drawing (and partially even calculating) them after 30-60 rockets (There are nice things that this many rockets do to shields)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    lol yeah me too, i found the missing video on the channel schemastarmade on youtube

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    all what remains is to randomize the destination of npc ai :D

Reaction score
    Can we get an ETA on the release of the next build? Like this weekend maybe? Or next week?

Things getting out of hand with the server... Crashes at random, crashes on player join.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So you´re adding npc with a AI.

But will there be something like robot npc´s too? We could build them however we want them. We could create a model with a sperate tool with the blocks from starmade in a miniature version, upload it ingame and buy or produce them with credits or the needed resources.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When are we going to get a fix for cloaking and jammers to make them stop shutting off randomly? It seems to be connected to lag or ping changes. The lack of reliability in these devices are extremely problematic for me since the failure of the systems has resulted in countless losses or irrepairable damage to my cloaking ships. Please look into a fix for it asap.