StarMade Prebuild 0.094398 - Release Candidate #1

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Thank you for your input regarding the new AMC balance. I will try the current version for now, as this update needs to get live as soon as possible, as servers currently are very unstable. The balance isn't final and will of course be further optimized or changed completely if necessary.

This will be hopefully a last test before the next live version. It contains an optimization of the way the file manage handles new files, and some fixes, which needs basic testing on the test server (just to see if all works correctly)

Here is the prebuild:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131027_152221.zip

- fixed physics duplication problem with chain docking when undocking the middle link
    - fixed crash when switching to wedge in adv build mode from upside down spike
    - fixed bug where AI simulation would spawn blueprints with a name longer then the limit in the SQL database (name gets truncated now)
    - optimized file management to not stall as much for header writing

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Schema, in the final release, can you please remove the fire rate nerf on larger guns? Right now, their dps is much lower than small shotguns.

In my mind, a shotgun should do a massive amount of damage up close, and an assault rifle should have a high rate of fire and do large amounts of damage at range.

In previous builds, the range limitation on shotguns balanced them with larger cannons. Now, large guns shoot extremely slowely and shotguns still perform the same.

Please fix this!

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Assault rifle?

dude its a fucking space game, Dont nerf it. Why would u just have the ONE single gun? If u want faster guns add other laser systems. So u can keep that fire up.. COMMON SENSE.. maybe you heard of it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    turrets can target more than one enemy at a time? say that this turret have more than one weapons computer pointing in various directions

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i have tryed it. A big halfround turret with four weaponcomputers in four directions... Dont work. They only attack one/the same enemy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There\'s no need to be rude only because the guy has different expectations and ideas than you do.

I also have to say that firerate nerf went a bit too far. It may be a good change, but it needs to be somewhat finetuned especially since arrays and other shotgun batteries are still more powerful. Controversial and risky recommendation: up even more additional power demand per every additional weapon linked under single key.

Ideally, one day balance will be adjusted well enough that sliders on power distribution per weapon would allow vastly different performance, including fast-firing big AMC cannons, but at balanced cost of other stats, such as damage.

Reaction score
    I didnt test the new versions so I cant say anything about the reload limitations but I do know that the Stat Caps for the guns are set too low,

They maximally (10.000Blocks used) do 25.000Damage with 30Reload which is WAY too low.

I could put like what?500.000Weapon blocks in my amc but it wouldnt do anything I couldnt even fire it.This has to be changed significantly.Also Applying higher energy consumption for shotguns is neat and it will surely stop waffle builds but small weapons just have tiny energy consumption....

Reaction score
    I am fairly certain that the current system is a placeholder, shotgun energy need increase made it fair enough to release the new update, and thus the server fix. I hope schema will finish the balancing once the fix has gone live.

Reaction score
    http://imgur.com/Z7GXtuF

t001.png works in the older build but causes no textures in the new build

Reaction score
    Hello, so idk if it\'s just me or if this is a bug but when i shoot the SD-BB missile\'s, it shoots one big missile from the SD-BB computer instead of firing them from the array\'s. But when i make their output current they do shoot from the array\'s. And when i restart the server, the output stands as CURRENT but it fires from the place where my SD-BB cpu is located.

Please take a look at this, i know you\'re very busy but it\'s kind of annoying.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Can you change chain-docking; so that:

a) an object can only be docked onto a turret docking module if it has nothing docked onto it, and

b) you can\'t dock an object onto something that is currently docked on a turret docking module

Turrets with turrets and/or turrets with docked ships are funny, but I\'m hoping it\'s unintentional.

Of course both of these things should be possible for normal docking modules (e.g. ships that have docked ships and docked turrets should be able to dock on normal docking modules).

Reaction score
    Some dumb complaints.

Clients are recieving information about everybody all the time. Which is bad in general, and instead need to have logging information about their own actions and near by sectors. Not every sector that is loaded + those sectors ships, sheilds, and power information. Which of course can be exploited to find all active players on the server with out admin priveleges.

Example Just sitting in sector -60 -60 -60 my client recieves....

[2013-10-27 16:53:13] [CLIENT][SHIELD] SpaceStation[ENTITY_SPACESTATION_Stellar Island 01(18211)] received shield update: 47727 -> 54381
    [2013-10-27 16:53:13] [CLIENT][SHIELD] SpaceStation[ENTITY_SPACESTATION_Stellar Island 01(18211)] received power update: 20000 -> 18053

received playerstate sector change: 18415((14, 22, 14)) -> 18414 ((14, 22, 13))

Reaction score
    come on, ive waited for turretception (turret on a turret on a turret) like with the real life m3 lee,T-100 MTAT or flakk turrets on big naval turrets...

so keep this away from schema.... and i think many agree with me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m not trying for \'turretception\', as you called it, but I do want to have my capital ship main turrets be a launcher base with a barrel on either side.

This will fix the side mount turret issue with not being able to aim towards the center of the YZ plane of a ship AS WELL AS allowing a \'single\' turret to be able to shoot homing BBs and AMCs at the same time.