StarMade Prebuild 0.09438

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

This week has been a little slow, but I'm fully back to work now. (Available ~10 min after this post)

Here is the next prebuild:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131025_133407.zip

(as always: "dev" is username/passwd. The build will be installed to "play.star-made.org:4242". Server admins: please be careful with installing pre-builds on your live server as they can contain game breaking bugs)

There is a bug the testers are unable to re-create: There seems to be a bug or exploit that can be used let factions declare war on everybody else. If you know how to reproduce this bug, please send me an email.

Changelog for this build:

- fixed client being able to kill server by purposly sending malformed command
    - fixed connection map not working (hash code did not produce valid values): weapons/connecting did not work
    - fixed server crash when admin attempted to sector change player in a docked ship
    - fixed vulnerability where clients could cause the server to "pause"
    - fixed bug that forbid client to dock in some cases
    - fixed core duping bug exploit with using symmetry
    - added spam protection for spawning cores
    - weapon slot assignment is now saved by player+ship
    - fixed HUD display when switching from missile lock-on mode
    - controls gittering should be gone
    - fixed AI shooting at dead target (and doing no damage)
    - shield recharge not deactivated under fire, but only nerfed (the less shields left, the less the nerf is (up to 40%))
    - secondary weapon more for AMC: right click now fires weapons without focusing on the same point when aiming
    - shift clicking on full box no longer eats the item (stashes where that happened in the previous version should be removed and reset)
    - private messages can now be sent from console
    - new admin command: /faction_set_entity (changes faction of any entity)
    - new admin command: /faction_set_all_relations ally/neutal/enemy (sets all non-NPC faction relations to neutral, ally or enemy)

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    is it me or updates getting more and more shity??

if this keeps up i think i wount be only one who will try to sell his acc

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So Schema makes this pretty awesome game in which you can free-form build any ship you like, fly it around, and shoot up enemies with it. And he makes sure it runs as well as possible by constantly updating systems, fixing bugs, and adding new features. And it\'s still in Alpha (which is usually referred to as \"internal development build\", and rarely released for consumption to ANYONE). Your complaints have no merit.

Seriously, if you don\'t like the game, it isn\'t even worth selling your account! Everyone can play the game free, usernames aren\'t at a premium, you have no persistent value, since this isn\'t an MMO, and the game itself only costs $6. Just go away, and don\'t come back. Your negativity and criticism without any idea or concept on how to improve upon what you dislike (which you haven\'t quantified) is not needed here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i have made many and those are original ones but rly?? why nerfing???

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Can you say exactly what was nerfed? what i can see is that the shields are more potent right now, and the guns are even more powerful. Someone tell me if i am wrong

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Can you say exactly what was nerfed? what i can see is that the shields are more potent right now, and the guns are even more powerful. Someone tell me if i am wrong

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Schema should focus on game stability and implementing new features instead of silly balancing.
    Leave the Balance to the Beta.

Reaction score
    Why nerfing ?

Game optimisation ? no ? i like people who cry for nothing do not forgot the game is in alpha ... so alpha is equal to getting some update/change/deletion and more !

Can you simply say \"thank\" to schema for his work ? do not forgot to the game is partialy/globaly free for now ...

Reaction score
    \"- secondary weapon mode for AMC: right click now fires weapons without focusing on the same point when aiming\"

That\'s another buff for scattercannons. Up until this point, you\'ve had to shoot them without directly pointing at your target, or they all targeted the same spot and only hit one block. Apparently, that\'s no longer going to be the case.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The shield thing is NOT a nerf. it\'s a buff from complete deactivation when hit, to just a little nerf on recharge

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think this shield buff will help combat mechanics a lot. And I appreciate the non-targeted fire for AMC.

I\'m always excited by every update!

Thank you for making StarMade.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    - secondary weapon more for AMC: right click now fires weapons without focusing on the same point when aiming

THOUSHANTHS OF CCAKES TO YO SCHEMES!!!

Seriously, I\'ve been looking forward to this!!! Don\'t let those \"EMAGHERD YUR RUININ MA GAME\" trolls discourage you from making this awesome game!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Knocked off quite a few bugs. The added features are very much appreciated.

Reaction score
    Could you add \"unfocused\" fire for salvage cannons too please? It would make my tunneling ship about 100x more viable.

Reaction score
    very awesome debugging in short time did you sleep at all?? now I only see one bug left at all I will try to explain it. I have a ship I dock upside down on my home base when I log in the turret on top of my ship spawns backward so the core of the turret is exposed. It is fixed as soon as I enter the core of the turret. I also have a ship i dock right side up and it appears that all the turrets are correctly orrentatied.. hope I explained that properly.

Reaction score
    I ittle more information the may or may not help for the turret to correct it\'s orentation i have to be in flight mode. also when I undock the ship the game lags so bad then after about 30-60 seconds it says my ship is stuck and warps me away from my base some pics