StarMade Prebuild 0.09423

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

and the next one (available ~15min after this is posted):

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131014_124122.zip

(as always "dev" is pass/user. It will be installed on the test server play.star-made.org:4242. Other admins, please use prebuilds with care as they can contain gamebreaking bugs)

I can't fully release yet. I'm still waiting on a report of a player that has experienced low fps (could be just a coincidence with a messed up universe though). Anyone else experiencing low fps (and high ping in singleplayer)?'

Here is the changelog since the last pre-build:

- fixed bug where entering a space station that reaches over in another sector from that other sector, the sector context would be wrong and the spawning points would get set wrong
    - Modified ships that have changed the type of the core to something else are now checked on spawn and destroyed should there be no block at the center, or if it's of the 'core' type
    - added admin command to destroy structures and all their docked objects at once (/destroy_entity_dock)
    - improved readability of log (consistent format) and scale (smaller timestamps and no unnecessary info)
    - blueprint/catalog transaction (buy/save) are now logged in serverlog
    - spawn/renaming of structures is now logged in serverlog
    - death/kills are now logged in serverlog
    - fixed bug in AI calculating missile range
    - AI will automatically switch to the according program now when docked/undocked
    - fixed bug where astronauts would be physically pushed on server by "no-contact-response" physics helper objects
    - fixed bug where astronauts cannot be hit by missiles
    - locked on missiles will now loose target when it gets unavailable (2 sector distance, killed, entered a block as astronaut)
    - death by missile is now displayed correctly
    - missile trail graphics will no longer glitch when changing sector
    - added server cfg option to deactivate skin distribution (for clients the upload will display but the server just throws away the data)

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Can we have a command to reload the blueprints on a server?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    removing the catalog.cat from the server-database folder will reload all entried (they will lose all meta data like owner, rating etc)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can confirm the high ping in singleplayer bug. It only happened to me for a split second, but it said that my ping was 34, when usually it\'s only 0 or 1.

Hope I\'m telling you this in the right place!

-BCsiefert

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thank you. ping 30 is ok, as the ping thread can sleep for that long once in a while. It doesn\'t mean any lag. if you get it for more then 5 seconds it would be a problem though

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    they are quasi implemented and in the game, but very very rare (as they need further work on how they affect the game)

Reaction score
    hmmm, lag huh... i do have some issues but its not that regular...

i have a lot of ships and turrets around a premade shop inside a very small area, and every once in a while the game stutters for a 2 or 3 seconds then continues as normal (400-500 fps in the meter), sometimes it is giving me the red 5 sec not responding warning, while nothing is happening but me building on one of said ships.

i have the AI turned off for i use SP as a build mode only...

my hardware is not the issue, and it isnt very consistant, might it be the pirate ai that starts and then stops itself ?

for it looks like the intervals for pirate raid events in my experience...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would like something to allow me to reload/load new blueprints on to the server without connecting in game