StarMade prebuild 0.09394: Next one

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

the prebuild is available at:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130908_154925.zip

(as always username and password are "dev" if you want to test)

Here is the changelog so far (not all fixes included):

- fixed crash when switching to sprite style blocks from advanced orientation
    - inserted debug stuff for possible invalid operation somewhere in the pipeline
    - fixed damage texture on blocks (also fixes shader crash on some machines)
    - added serverlog for a more user friendly filtered log output for server admins (chat, IPs, admin commands, etc... more to be added)
    - possible fix for docking area bug (dimension were not applied to the orientation) -> needs testing
    - fixed bug where bounding box was not updated on empty segment
    - fixed bug where client bounding box wouldn't update
    - fixed lag when placing first block or removing last block in a new segment. Directly enqueuing lighting/draw update

Thanks for testing, and

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    ever since last patch the server stalls uncontrollably

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you have to remember your carrying your maps over from update to update that has to be causing some funky stuff

Reaction score
    ill like to someday be able to fire a bullet like cannon insead of a plain old laser,,,,so,,,yea,,,bullets in space fast but does less damage than laser it realy does creat awesome dog fights

also i like scatter missles insead of the old slow missle where it cant hit your target most of the time

and ill love NUKES!!!!!!!!!! so powerful so deadly so scary so AWESOME nukes are the best bombs/missles ive ever droped in games

doint forget evreybody likes to change the coler that comes out of the antimatter cannon.

please leave any comment about my suggestins

Reaction score
    changing lazer color is a good idea, seeing different streams of red or blue cannon fire would look dope in space

Reaction score
    i got a dope respons schema and i got more suggetins

i like to place down 1m blocks down instetly in advanced build mode it would make building titans alot easyer and i like to paste and copy blocks for big ships style

ill like to place power gen blocks without sowing down at 1m blocks that makes titans imposibe to be invisible and its a limit i realy realy realy HATE limits in games.

ill like to be able to warp to sectors far away cuz its time consuming wile headed to a sector thats 300 secters away on a server

zooming on targets that are 30 secters away,would be funny as hell when a laser/missle comes out of nowhere and kills them, and to help zooming radar to fit for the gun/missle range--SPACE_SNIPER

the first moble staitoin with a weopon powerfull as the weopon as the death star from starwars would be dope,

---------------------more suggestins will be avalible next time, and please leave a coment about my suggestins-----------------------------------

Reaction score
    I\'m not sure the sound bug is fully fixed yet, occasionally I get the \'repeating\' effect which creates a creepy clicking noise whenever I open the menu. But it is a lot less frequent than it used to be. Also, is the docking bug where the ship is bigger than the docking box, and the border clips through walls?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, unfortunately I can\'t do much against sound playback bugs (like studering, echo, or repeating), sice I\'m using a 3rd party sound library (OpenAL, lwjgl). However you can search your problem in google with minecraft since apparently mc uses the exact same sound library (there isn\'t really much of an option).

Reaction score
    Hello Schema,

Since the previous update (which autoupdated, not a dev version), when you roll with the Z and X keys, the sensitivity / speed of rolling is extremely high, some smaller ships turn around like 20 times with the slightest touch to those buttons. Even very large ships roll way to fast, compared to other movement (like accelerating forward / strafing to the side is extremely slow). I understand rolling may be faster, but this is just extreme.

Regards,

M4

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just a couple of suggestions with regards to turrets...

Firstly the current block we use to build a turret around i.e a ship core is a good system but could you create a block simmilar to the ship core which is specifically designed for turrets and AI controlled ships, this could also include features of the Faction Module, so that space is conserved for more important modules.

Secondly could you make it so that there is an option of which way a turret faces when not in use. For example i was building a snowspeeder type ship with the cockpit and a turret behind. But the turret kept resetting forwards, clipping through the cockpit area.

Thanks BANRO

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    I agree , we have all kinds of missiles but extra colors for anti matter cannons would be nice. I\'d also like to ask for maybe a steady beam cannon that maybe less powerful than an antimatter cannon but hurts shields , as well as damage the other ships. I\'m working on an Enterprise A interior and adjusting the way it fires , would look sweet dropping a more realistic phaser on people for trek style battles thx for your time guys