StarMade Pre-Build 0.093992

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

this is the next iteration in the pre-build. I think this will be the last one before the update comes for real. Please test the pre-build, as the quality of the official update directly depends on it. I will try to set up a pre-build server in the near future, so I would need an experienced admin to maintain it, and always keep it up-to-date with the absolute latest version.

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130930_161421.zip

(as always username/password is "dev)

To some, the progress of the game might seem slow or stagnant at the moment, but don't worry. I'm doing core work and basic stuff at the moment, which isn't that noticeable ingame, except that the game is more stable and better to use. Once I'm ok with stability, there will be one new feature after another. The time to do new features with a good core is drastically reduced, because the fewer bugs there are in the core, the easier it gets to integrate a new system.

Here is the change log for this version:

- server cfg option to drop credits on death into space
    - turning speed now displayed in build mode stats
    - refined new turning speed model
    - fixed buying blueprint with blocks option
    - server shutdown more gentle to the database (waiting for unfinished business of other threads)
    - fixed bug where docked objects (turrets) would stop flying with the mothership (looks like lag, but was the object stopping to transfer its position to the turrets after switching to lightweight physics objects when the object is in another sector than the player on the client)
    - fixed bug where owners of the ship could only take items if they had enough credits to theoretically buy it
    - setting 0 for a price in a personal shop will no longer crash when trying to buy
    - fixed a compile error for a shader for some graphics card (game would not load)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Besides the obvious bugfixes(the shop one I especially appreciate), the other thing about this one that interests me is the turning speed. Any way you could shed some light on what the new stuff is exactly?

Reaction score
    Thanks for fixing the shop bugs (0 price crash, owner can\'t take items due to lack of money)

Reaction score
    \"I\'m doing core work and basic stuff at the moment, which isn\'t that noticeable ingame, except that the game is more stable and better to use. Once I\'m ok with stability, there will be one new feature after another. The time to do new features with a good core is drastically reduced, because the fewer bugs there are in the core, the easier it gets to integrate a new system.\"

Soo excited!!! :)

Reaction score
    Has anyone else noticed the wedges on the sides changing faces on there designs after installiing the pre-build. For its not to big of deal, but for others who might have large amounts of side facing wedges it would be a nightmare. As for the optimizations they are great, speed and frame rate has improved greatly and I tried out a test fight and did not notice any of the frame rate or boundry effects from fighting over sector bounds.

Reaction score
    I\'m not one to feel sea sick, but while moving around in just a core the screen wiggles in a semi circular motion all over and was causing me to feel ill. I had to revert back to the previous pre-build.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thank you for the feedback. I noticed it, too, but I thought I was just tripping

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I will say more about it on the release. Until then looking at your turning stats in the build mode should provide information about how it works.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thank you for catching that. It\'s probably a glitch with the new system for extended orientations. I\'ll fix that for the real release.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema, I don\'t know if you have already seen my previous comment, but can you make it possible to change the effect mass has on turning speed in the server.cfg?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is going to be one of the best updates. Ever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Schema you are like a savant when it comes to coding this game, you always seem to find the solution to every bug, and put in features everyone wants.

On another topic, there\'s still the long standing bug with cloakers and jammers shutting off randomly on servers, more common if there is a small bit of connection lag or the ship is rapidly changing sectors. Sometimes it gets so bad it turns off the second after it was turned on, rendering cloaking ships useless.

Reaction score
    what people (possibly me) should do is take screenshots of new features and post em on these news threads

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    (NOT A BUG REPORT): I love to set my game with real pyhsics (objects in mtion stay in motion) under the server settings. However when I hop out of my core I hit my head on the back of the ship, glitch out of it, then watch it disaper in the distance. Its quite hilerious =P.
    I was thinking a server option that makes players stay in motion as well when bumped into things (also when you leave a moving core you\'d be traveling the same speed of it).
    Or atleast stay within a ships gravety block effect while entering/leaving the core.

I bet your tired of reading suggestions and I bet you already seen this one. The roleplaying aspects of this game are improving little by little. You know what they say \"slow and steady wins the race\"

Starmade <3