StarMade Pre-Build 0.09399: step by step

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

I will probably post more on this new version. Download it here:

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20130929_045031.zip

(passwd and username is as always "dev")

I apologize for not being around as much at the moment. I'll try to be more community active soon (personal stuff at the moment). My work hasn't and won't slow down though.

Here is the (quite long) changelog:

- fixed god and invisibility mode admin command causing docking area ignore mode
    - added profiling for sector loading to find source of strange physics lag spike
    - fixed naming bug when saving blueprints locally
    - fixed loading of locally saved blueprints
    - removed lag spike from objects with huge amount of connected blocks
    - turret data now also force written to disk before saving as blueprint
    - fixed source of ghost objects (with no collision and no indicator): error when docking target UID does not exist
    - possible fix against raw block file corruption (for specific operating systems that have the problem)
    - sped up initial loading (check if object has any blocks is done progressively, and not forced). Reduces sector loading lag if there are lots of objects in there
    - eliminated frame rate drop from drawing shield hits on large structures
    - disabling GUI will now be reset on startup (disabling the GUI was often mistaken for a bug)
    - implemented fast inventory switch for storage (hold left shift, changeable in key mapping options)
    - added server cfg option to make player invulnerable after death for an amount of time (spawn camping protection)
    - fixed undocking position snap back (as well as probably a few other glitches, since the network transformation controller reset the position on control change)
    - undocked objects now inherit velocity of mothership
    - chat can now be done in spawn menu
    - added quick search for inventories
    - shield is now synchronized from the server at a certain amount of percent (modifiable in server.cfg) changed, as well as always on full/empty
    - power is now synchronized from the server at a certain amount of percent (modifiable in server.cfg) changed, as well as always on full/empty
    - fixed faction permission for blueprints in catalog not working
    - overheating core status is now saved and persistent
    - server.cfg option to change way to buy blueprints from credits to total blocks of the blueprints
    - players can now search for the last ship they entered (last entered value is also saved in player state)
    - added background for advanced build mode orientation to make it easier to distinguish
    - cockpits now respect the orientation they were placed in (still a little wonky)
    - ship turning speed now directly depends on ship dimension (build a stick: great roll, not so good yaw and pitch...) balanced to be a bonus.
    - debug mode restricted to admins
    - fixed docks of pirate station (fixed for new generated stations)
    - added random difficulty to pirate stations to increase turrets size, and add shilds
    - docked entities will now be cloaked/jammed if the mothership is cloaked/jammed
    - fixed shield hits not showing on bottom faces
    - turrets no longer target NPC shops directly (friendly fire could still happen)
    - AI will no longer try to target overheating ships (and being reset because of it later in the FSM. Caused inactive AI)
    - AI now includes all missile modules in the check of engagement range (missile ship without amc only had 50 range)
    - fixed targeting (fire and forget) missile for AI usage

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Lookin good Schema.

Hopefully the AI Accuracy config works now.

Gonna be testing a lot of these new options out, and very cool that there\'s a server config now to buy blueprints with blocks instead of credits. Good step forward.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • all enhancers but one are disconnected from factories
    • weapons are disconnected from weapon computers
    • factories work intermittently
    • shift-click rapid transfer of inventory doesn\'t work properly when there are piles in both source and destination
    • debug messages show large increase in lag spikes for some sectors

Reaction score
    I\'ve had trouble with almost everything in the changelog, and I know others have also, especially the local saving bug. I hope there are no gamebreaking bugs so it can be released ASAP. Keep up the awesome work!

PS: I\'ve been trying to work out the formula for powerdrain beams, even going to online regression software to try to fit the data, without success, does anyone know what it is?

Reaction score
    Our server unfortunently has/had the same issue... we are hoping there is some code in the database that remains so the hotfix can undo what the release broke ...

All in all, a nice list of updates as long as they come true and bug-free!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    AMAZING changelog. Really looking forward to less ghosts and core overheating status being saved!

Reaction score
    Linux servers still crashing constantly i have sent u numerous crash reports

Reaction score
    All though it was a Great update/epic bug fix

It has bugs that I confused me so i got some test done with the same problems and i new this was a bug problem then I go looking for early answers and found the exact same problems here

Hope the bugs doint return for the next fix

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every single weapon and salvage cannon and enhancer has been disconnected from thier computers/units save for one random one. Not gonna\' even attempt to re-connect all of them since there are so freakin\' many on my ships. Going a bit crazy here! Great changelog schema but not so great bugs!

mou

Reaction score
    I can\'t wait to see full relase!

now bombers and stealths will be useful!

Bug RE-post of Kranon to make sure you see that

• all enhancers but one are disconnected from factories
    • weapons are disconnected from weapon computers
    • factories work intermittently
    • shift-click rapid transfer of inventory doesn\'t work properly when there are piles in both source and destination
    • debug messages show large increase in lag spikes for some sectors