Starmade Masterclass - Learn the theory behind logic etc.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Starmade Masterclass

Greetings fellow Starmade gamers.

One of the recent requests I have been getting is to explain more about logic, how and why it does what it does in order for players to learn how to build their own logic systems.

Welcome to Starmade Masterclass. In this series I'll be going through and explaining how things work, what they do and why they react the way they do. While there's no practical in-game footage it does explain everything in layman terms so it's easy to understand.

The first part of the series is going to focus on logic, and we'll expand to other systems as the series and game progress. So if you have been wanting to learn logic from the ground up and not only be able to mirror logic tutorials, but start creating your own more advanced logic circuits then this series is for you.

If you have any requests then leave a comment, for some people it may not be advanced enough, don't worry I'm starting at the basics and go more advanced from there.

If you want to see more practical tutorials then you can click here for the forum thread or here to see the YouTube playlist.

01 . The Activation Module

02 . Logic Gates

03 . Delay Blocks

04 . Memory Circuits

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Great explaination of boolean logic for begineers :D
    And as always graphical side is great in Your videos :)

Reaction score
    I thought you did this already? Still, thank you for the explanation, very helpful. Sad that not a lot of people have taken advantage of this wonderful system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I haven't even started watching yet and I'm excited - you're the best, Bench!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Best. Thread. Ever. A little late to help me, but I'm still going to watch and see if I can learn something new. I'm going to link this everywhere when people ask "how do logic!?"

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I thought you did this already? Still, thank you for the explanation, very helpful. Sad that not a lot of people have taken advantage of this wonderful system.
    I have two logic series now. One on practical follow me to build whatever is the topic of the video. This new one is more the theory that causes what we build to actually work. If you GET logic, then you'd just jump straight into the logic tutorials. If you've never done any logic before, even in Minecraft, and want to learn, then this series is designed for you. Watch though as the Masterclass is planned to go from the basics through to taking some of the logic tutorials, pulling those systems apart and explaining why they work and how you could then modify or build your own.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Question: in the future, could we ever see programmable blocks replace logic?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    replace logic? I don't think so. Logic blocks are a simple way for players to play around with logic, while programmable blocks if added would either be based on a programming language in which case it gets a bit complicated to learn just in the game, or if it were say like Minecraft's command blocks, they would be based off a similar concept of using commands existing in the game to integrate more easily.

We'll have to wait and see what this next year brings, in the meantime logic blocks are here to stay.

Reaction score
    I would like to see them in addition, but they wouldn't replace logic. Logic is simpler and easier to use for small tasks.

Reactions: Snk

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I don't use it because it confuses me a lot.

Reaction score
    ^ Oh goodie. Always had trouble with those. Keep 'em coming, no doubt some might take inspiration, like me.

EDIT: Always love how professional they look, I know it's your job but they do look like effort's been put in them.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'm more or less waiting on a "general logic tricks&shortcuts" episode, e.g. containing how these 2 circuits do exactly the same and how that property can be used to simplify certain logic circuits:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    We'll get there eventually, have to start with the basics and work our way up.