Starmade Manga Adventure!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So for the past few days I have been considering creating a small manga themed story about starmade. I am thinking to have it be around 20-30 pages all hand drawn on paper because I don't have access to advanced online drawing tools. Once it is finished I am going to scan it and upload it to the dock underneath on the forums right here in Fan Art/Screenshots.

Now on to the good part. I can't make a story without having something to work with, I have a few basic ideas with where I want it to go but I decided to leave the details to the community. I need help creating locations, characters, possible events, factions, weapons, ships, stations, etc. The more detailed they are, the better. It would also be extremely useful if pictures or other references are provided to give more depth to what you choose to include in this story.

The more the better! Depending on how much content I receive the entries with more depth and detail will most likely be picked to be added into the story.

It will be a long time until I actually start this story, there are many steps that I need to go through first and life tends to get in the way more often than I think. So please! Feel free to upload whatever you like, just keep in mind that my drawing skills are decent and if you submit something incredibly detailed (photos in general) that it may have some of its detail removed to keep it in theme with the manga theme I chose.

Good luck everybody! I hope to see some great content!

1.) There is no entry limit whatsoever.
    2.) Please upload any content entries onto this thread so it can easily be tracked.
    3.) I would prefer if vulgar content is avoided as much as possible.
    4.) Creativity is your only limit.

Reactions: ZektorSK

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    so I think I might have a short series of stations that would be ideal for this type of thing.
    so without further ado, here they are so far.

redguard

home

clouds (its a floating island in space surrounded by clouds. what more could you want?)

Reactions: Zilvs

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Feel free to use any of my ships for material.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    you're welcome to reference my shipyard, Crimson Corp Fleet Dynamics. Crimson Corp is an inter-universal shipyard. We build and sell ships across the omniverse.

I've been building an extensive lore around it ever since i started playing Starmade. I even have an on-going storyline thats intertwined with my ship releases. The story already kind of has a anime/manga feel to it so yeah.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    you're welcome to reference my shipyard, Crimson Corp Fleet Dynamics. Crimson Corp is an inter-universal shipyard. We build and sell ships across the omniverse.

I've been building an extensive lore around it ever since i started playing Starmade. I even have an on-going storyline thats intertwined with my ship releases. The story already kind of has a anime/manga feel to it so yeah.
    Nice! Having all of these ships to use is amazing. Having lore and stories behind the ships though, that makes this project a little easier for me

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If this is still a thing, I can get you some ships that are 100 ish meters in lenght.
    But they are no-where as easy to draw as NFD ships unfortunatly.

Hey thats an idea, use them as generic bad guys or whatever because they are easy to trace out and fill a page with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If this is still a thing, I can get you some ships that are 100 ish meters in lenght.
    But they are no-where as easy to draw as NFD ships unfortunatly.

Hey thats an idea, use them as generic bad guys or whatever because they are easy to trace out and fill a page with.
    This is going to be a lengthy project, I need to gather up a few assets first and a lot of people seem to helping, post the pictures and I will happily add them in

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is going to be a lengthy project, I need to gather up a few assets first and a lot of people seem to helping, post the pictures and I will happily add them in
    Why don't you share us your progress ? We would help you much better, then just sending you ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why don't you share us your progress ? We would help you much better, then just sending you ships.
    I will gladly once I have made some considerable progress, I just got home from a lengthy trip but now I have time to devote to the project. Once I have made some real progress I will let you guys know!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Progress update #1:
    Well finally I have built up enough progress on the story that I feel it is the right time to share my progress with the community. So far I have all the characters decided and they beginning to be more fleshed out. I have a direction for the story, it started out being a very cheery and fun themed story but I decided to scrap that idea and the entire story take a much darker turn while still following the idea I have for the plot established. So far I have two characters drawn and will hopefully be sharing them online soon!