StarMade - Learning The Basics - Short Youtube Series.

Reaction score
    This is a small short series to help anyone and everyone out in Starmade who starts with nothing but the basic ship and guides them on how Salvaging (Mining) works, Factories (Crafting), Building a Station and Protecting it as well as Claiming Territory and creating a faction and much more.

It's meant for helping people understand the basics as I saw a lot of people connecting to the server saying their is no more power cores, or salvage beams, etc. This will hopefully help people figure out how they can create their own and survive without the assistance of others.

Please note I'm quite the newbie myself and only trying to past the knowledge that you guys taught me to others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good idea! This is quite useful for new players, as StarMade can be somewhat difficult to wrap your head around at first.

Reactions: Arkudo and Kane

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Thanks for taking the time to make these!

When i was new to the game i devoured videos like these; they're always so useful for new comers.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    By the gods, someone make that the tutorial videos displayed on the home page! Way better than the outdated stuff currently there.

Reaction score
    By the gods, someone make that the tutorial videos displayed on the home page! Way better than the outdated stuff currently there.
    Oh god then I would have to redo them again just to try to do it better. Was a more quick thing since it seem so many people were missing it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh god then I would have to redo them again just to try to do it better. Was a more quick thing since it seem so many people were missing it.
    You be to anyway. I'm don't want to be rude, but just honest. Your videos lack preparation and informative style. You need to spend some time writing thesises to present knowledge in more structured manner.

The best way to understand the nature of flaws is to listen to your videos without watching them. You'll instantly dive into vast this-that-here-there words, that often derails the train of thought for the viewer. Even if your actions make sense on a display, a lot of people can find it difficult to watch.

Also it's better to specifically research the terms you are about to talk about. For example I find it just weird how majority of players can't understand how power generation works and thus cannot give a valid advice how to build it.

Still, it's an excellent endeavor. I wish I could make tutorials myself, but my spoken english is far from necessary standards, and my recording device isn't great either. Keep up the good work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thank you for the videos. I was looking for an up to date explaination about the basics, and you did exactly that. It was a little boring soùetimes, like on part 2 when you didn't know what to gather, dye, mesh, crystal... but overall it was very usefull.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the compliments and suggestions guys :)

Reaction score
    Thanks guys. I'm glad they have helped some the new players on Steam. Seems like a perfect time for it.