StarMade Hotfix v0.199.172 - Ship Core Destruction & Server Fixes

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello citizens, ~

a small hotfix has been uploaded:

~ Fixed servers with lots of blueprints freezing when a player saves a blueprint (Uncontrolled multithreading caused too much memory being consumed)

~ Fixed cores being destructible on client side (didn't affect servers, so it had no direct gameplay implication)

~ Fixed orientation resetting for damaged blocks on client side (also didn't affect servers, so it fixed itself on reload)

~ Changed entity saving method to possibly fix issue of playerstates resetting on some systems. Also increased log output on that should it still happen.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

~ the Schine team

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I love you Schema.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    it didn't give me a choice,as soonas I signed in it auto upfucked me! My bad,it was the launcher that upfooked me,sending everthing to a different install path. I managed to find everthing so alls good now.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    no ? ... it wouldnt make it possible to play on a not updated server for everyone on steam .. never heared that to be the case.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    steam forces updates - the best you can do is delay the update until you launch the game. theres no way around it if the game is allowed to communicate with steam. in some cases, even blocking communication between steam and any app on there doesnt prevent it
    this is probably what borked my install of the non steam version - having a prior allowance for a version downloaded on steam to communicate with the steam client.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    steam forces updates - the best you can do is delay the update until you launch the game. theres no way around it if the game is allowed to communicate with steam. in some cases, even blocking communication between steam and any app on there doesnt prevent it
    this is probably what borked my install of the non steam version - having a prior allowance for a version downloaded on steam to communicate with the steam client.
    I've never had steam do that on my install. Steam is only suppose to manage the launcher files. The launcher then lets you pick what version you start with.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ~ Changed entity saving method to possibly fix issue of playerstates resetting on some systems. Also increased log output on that should it still happen.
    Falls on his knees... please also apply this to all config files and ... you know.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I've never had steam do that on my install. Steam is only suppose to manage the launcher files. The launcher then lets you pick what version you start with.
    In the case of starmade, perhaps, other games, not so. I was speaking more generally, as a lot of people still seem to think you can turn updates off completely (as you used to be able to) in the steam client.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Was a build height limit added to planets in the last update? I lost the top off a tall structure. At first I thought it was just me not completing it, but then after rebuilding it and leaving server coming back the top was chopped off again.

Testing, I found I could build up over the limit. Leave the server, come back and everything would be chopped.

Plus, you lose all those resources that disappear.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My factory was playing up and I eventually figured out why, because of low power. I have a power reactor that doesn't reach for the sky, but the top exceeded the boundary and naturally was chopped off. I wasn't too worried about it, but naturally don't get all those power reactors and capacitors back.
    [doublepost=1472421261,1472420457][/doublepost]That's a neat shot by the way! Shame it's gone.

Reaction score
    If there is a block limit height on planets I've not seen it, People always building massive lag inducing towers and such on the server I play on.
    We were talking about banning planet building altogether because it just never seems to be without issues when people do.
    Mostly because they tend to end up leaving ships undocked that will glitch into them.

Look forward to the day when planets are viable for doing builds on.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If there is a block limit height on planets I've not seen it, People always building massive lag inducing towers and such on the server I play on.
    We were talking about banning planet building altogether because it just never seems to be without issues when people do.
    Mostly because they tend to end up leaving ships undocked that will glitch into them.

Look forward to the day when planets are viable for doing builds on.
    A server admin from another server told me it's always been there, but wasn't working until now. This admin also had some kind of platform of their own that disappeared. It's not noticeable while you're session is life. It's gone when you logon again.

I experimented by building a simple single block tower of blocks. While I'm on it's all good. When I leave and come back everything from a certain point up is gone. I tested this twice and it happened each time.