StarMade Female Player Skin

Reaction score
    Great news and all but you\'re not planning on keeping the creepiest player model of all time are you? I mean the torso is smaller than the head, and the gap between the legs is the size of the grand canyon. I was honestly terrified the first time I saw the player model it\'s an abberation of nature.

Reaction score
    I remember reading somewhere that due to the lack of air pressure in space that your head and torso become shorter and fatter, and your legs will become long and skinny.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps we could have several player models? You know, different models for people who choose not to be a smurf in a spacesuit.

Or to look like something that was probably hatched rather than born. No offense ofcourse. The current player model is hilarious in a very good way, although it looks like it might be a bit hard to animate. Do we have a set date for the Animation (if there will be any, though I do recommend it) for walking and jumping, etc, yet?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are the planets optimized finally? Seriously, landing on a planet makes me lag like shit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever I attempt to select the skin it gives me the error that the selected image is not compatible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll be posting the skin on http://starmadeskins.net/ - Thanks Beetle for the awesome work!

Regards,

Max

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe the image is two small, a skin 1024x1024 will work for me but the 256x256 doesn\'t.

Regards,

Peter

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually that\'s not it at all, as the default skin is 256x256. The reason it doesn\'t work is because it was either saved as, or was converted upon upload to an indexed palette, versus the full RGB palette + alpha channel, which as far as I know is what StarMade is only compatible with for textures. I took the liberty of fixing it and have attached a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oxaui4p9vq8zs7/uvw-male-female-large.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey i try use this skin and all i get is this error

unsupportedOperationException: unsupported format for this image

all the time i press retry dont work i try everything and it doesnt work at all and id love

to have a female skin instead of a male :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I have the same problem with a skin of my own - I tried both the default size and 1024x1024 and the original paletter and the RGB one, but only thing that changes is the error message...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1) Open DefaultMale.png in your favorite image program.

2) Paste this skin or modify yours.

3) Save your file on your desktop.

4) In launcher, click on modding and select your new skin.

5) When your start the game, you see a new message \"upload...\"

6) And it\'s done,

Enjoy ! =)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you really going to keep this player model? It\'s kinda flat and I like that you risked being unique, but if this game ever costs money I won\'t keep playing because I don\'t see the appeal of being a noodle man

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ive noticed that the player image format has changed the crotch and certian other parts are missing from this file version so it need an update i would love to use is but cant until it updates