Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Simply no

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I was on Chat with a couple of other guys, and I was struck by an idea.
    As I discussed it with them, it became evident a more formal suggestion had to be put forward.

I don't play much on multiplayer (Ever since Redshift died, and later on CraftAu too) but after talking to others and viewing other posts, one fact was apparent, that the majority of starmade players have experienced little PvP (or altogether none at all). Also, it was more the constraints of servers than their unwillingness to participate in such battles.

The idea: Why not have a monthly (or biweekly?) run Starmade server event? (Maybe organized by Schine??). That is, every second Friday (or any other day of the week) we would have the option of playing on the above mentioned server (which would be online for a specified time window)

It would feature only empty sectors (This would take a one time setup and would greatly reduce general lag) and players would have the option of joining one of two (or three) pre-made factions and battle it out... get some real PvP. It could also occasionally have special events.
    There would be mass limits for obvious reasons, and one ship per player would be allowed, free.

(To clarify, I'm talking about dozens of players online on the server, if not more.)

Why should this be implemented? This would-
    *Increase the popularity of the game. This would also directly increase playerbase and general perception of the game.
    *Give us players a reason to feel like logging in once in a while.
    *Be THE server to be on at that moment, which would mean tons of players online, at the same time.
    *You ever felt lonely on a server m8?
    *What? That not good enough for ya?

The expenses: Sure it sounds like fun, but servers that can handle that high load are expensive to set up. Do we want Starmade to divert critical resources to run this server?
    Maybe not. Well, it would have the above benefits, but then, there could always be the community donation scheme.

Just felt like a fun proposal and I'm sure it does so to many of you too. It may never be, only time can tell...

I await judgement.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Just keep the mass limits low and tell people to avoid ramming.

Also have some pre made designs on the server.