StarMade dev news

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

first of all, I'm sorry for not giving any news in such a long time. Unfortunately I caught the flu on Friday, and was unable to even look at a monitor till Sunday (else my head would have probably exploded). I'm a little better now but still not quite well.

just a little update on the progress. The new player model is almost done. I have redesigned and extended the system for 3d model handling completely to allow for complex animations and an easy interface. This means the new model system is completely moddable including custom animations,

Furthermore, the work on the new NPC system is also going well. There will be more info very soon about that.

Additionally some the system rotation has been redesign as announced to finally combat the disorientation when changing sectors from void to star-system. Also, players flying on a ship in gravity should now finally work as intended, so you hopefully won't have to fear anymore to fall out of the ship when it moves. The same goes for lifts.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    does this mean lifts in ships? my harvester will be able to have the enlivator system it needs now?

Reaction score
    And thought you where working on a new build and was creating suspense until you dropped it...

Reaction score
    I am really glad to hear you are feeling better, but I cant help to be a little saddened by the lack of warpgates

Reaction score
    Glad you are feeling better Schema, But just to let you know right now Shops are not spawning except the 2,2,2 shop. Also the pirate spawn rate appears to be off the chart.

Reaction score
    Well schema, this is what we needed. It get sooooooo frustrating coming back day after day and no word from you! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DEAD IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE!!!!!! Please don\'t leave us again... :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like how the gravity thing will be fixed, I was wondering why I always had to fly back and get my friend who was left floating somewhere. :)

Reaction score
    Flu is absolutely horrible!

I hope that you got the chance to rest up, thanks for the update!

Reaction score
    Hey Schema, hope your fine in a few days. You´re the best!

And btw, every Human needs a holiday ;-)

Wish you the best.

Reaction score
    Yep flu does suck... I pray you get better soon. Nice to hear about the upcoming changes, but do not push yourself as the flu could be stress related, and as all good Medics will tell you drink plenty of ale... err.. liquids. ;)

Reaction score
    I hope you get better fast Schema, i was really worried about you not posting anything :(