Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2

The StarMade Community TCG is a card game created by me and Plaz, similar to such popular TCGs as YuGiOh and Pokemon cards but featuring StarMade ships and stations.

It is a heavy WIP, and will require balancing once enough cards are ready for a match of the game.

Basically, you have Homebase cards, Ship cards, Ability cards and perhaps another type yet, we dunno.

Homebase cards are valuable; you have one on the field and if you lose it, game over. They are the equivalent of Life points in YuGiOh crossed with Field Spells. They have a high base HP and some come with abilities that affect the game.

Ship cards are where the action happens. They allow you to attack other ships and HBs. Each Ship card has a base Attack value and a base HP value (these can be modified by abilities).

Ability cards function like Spells/Traps/Trainers. They can be played during your turn, and can affect your own or opponent's cards in a myriad of ways. They can come in Offense, Defence and Economy styles, and also have Instant-use, Continuous and Reaction versions. (Instant-use are what it says on the tin; Continuous stays on the field and continues to apply it's ability, Reaction abilities are placed face-down and can be used any time during any turn to react on a player's action)

Players have three Actions per turn; this can include Spawning a Ship, playing an Ability or Attacking with one of your spawned Ships.

Tiny and Small Ship cards require one Action to spawn; Medium requires two Actions, and Large and Titan Ships require three. There may be abilities that affect this.

When Ship cards attack another Ship card, subtract the attacking card's final Attack value (Base ATK plus any bonuses) from the enemy's final HP value (Base HP plus any bonuses). When HP falls below 0 the ship is Destroyed.

HB cards cannot be attacked until your opponent has no Ship cards left in play.
    A simple Ship Card, with no ability

A Ship Card with a built-in Ability. Note that it is weaker than a Ship Card without an ability

An Economy Ability card

A low-end Homebase card

A Ship Card representing an older ship - note the low stats compared to a Ship Card of a newer Ship
    Resources for building the cards, as well as more example cards, can be found here: StarMade Community TCG - Google Drive

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    POT OF GREED ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO MORE CARDS. I WILL START MY TURN BY PLAYING POT OF GREED WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO MORE CARDS. I WILL PLAY THE MAGIC CARD, POT OF GREED, WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO NEW CARDS.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    RE HB ability: "everything is a fighter" all ships are considered tiny class.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sounds like a cool idea, lets play around with this and design some cards.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Non

Reaction score

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Imma nitpick. Fair and Balanced isnt that big mass wise, just in dimensions, and its damage isnt that great either, it could be way more meta than it is.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    POT OF GREED ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO MORE CARDS. I WILL START MY TURN BY PLAYING POT OF GREED WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO MORE CARDS. I WILL PLAY THE MAGIC CARD, POT OF GREED, WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO NEW CARDS.
    YOU'VE TRIGGERED MY TRAP CARD, APPROPRIATE! NOW EVERY TIME YOU DRAW A CARD I DRAW TWO CARDS!

madman Captain

Self-appointet Overlord of the Scaffold
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    YOU'VE TRIGGERED MY TRAP CARD, APPROPRIATE! NOW EVERY TIME YOU DRAW A CARD I DRAW TWO CARDS!
    Dosent that mean that you empty your deck twice as much than he his? And dosent that mean he can possible beat you with your own trap?

Btw here another card.

Made an album with all my card ideas. will come more in the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm starting my shipyard line-up right now. I've only been making mining ships so far. (That means only eco ships in the TCG.) Once my combat ships enter production phase I will gladly share them on this thread!
    [doublepost=1514920110,1514917620][/doublepost] Void Rock Basic Miner MK I Screenshot.png
    Here's my Void Rock Basic Miner MK I

Description: The first drone devised in VRI's earliest days for mining asteroids. It was discontinued once the MK II rolled into production.

Reaction score
    The StarMade Community TCG is a card game created by me and Plaz, similar to such popular TCGs as YuGiOh and Pokemon cards but featuring StarMade ships and stations.
    Nice idea, but somehow no software I tried for these .psd files works without any errors of some kind. (Sorry, I just don't own Photoshop)
    Is it possible to convert the templates into something simpler like .png or so?

Also: Are Starship types supposed to follow some standard or goes pretty much anything?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    But how do you use Pot of Greed?
    [doublepost=1515119695,1515118511][/doublepost]
    Jokes on him, I was playing Exodia
    dave_the_forbidden_one.png

G

GDPR 302420

Also: Are Starship types supposed to follow some standard or goes pretty much anything?
    From what I am aware, fan contributions to cards are anything goes, if the stats are too OP then they will probably be adjusted.

However I would hold off on newer cards if I were you, myself and Jake are in discussion about an overhaul to the way ships are spawned, if Jake takes on the idea then you any viewer submitted cards will need to be redone, and you probably wont wanna make the same card twice.