Starmade community blackboard

Reaction score
    Mmmh. I don't know how to introduce this but... Well, here i come with a small summary.

Suggestions subforum feel like it's full of ideas from someone in his little corner, maybe sometimes a small group of players. And everyone throw ideas hoping schine will read and like it. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing but the fact is, there is too much unprepared suggestions, resulting in most of them not being read. Or at least the tag not being triggered and i have seen so many good idea being lost like that with dust piling on top of it.

Sooooo, us, as a community should take our time to answer to a given problem, giving our point of view as players on a specific problem and then give what would be for us, and i insist on the "us", what would be the best way to solve it. Then we should take the time to mature this answer and then give it to Schine wich should consider much more this kind of suggestions. Or at least we would try.

In order for this brainstorming to work peacefully, there is some basic rules that you should have read and accepted while joining this forum. I also reserve myself the right to ask the moderation to remove some posts that are not appropriate to the idea of this thread. Like for example the old rp vs pvp thing that goes on here and is maintained by only a few.

Now that you are all motivated by the above paragraph, Let's start. I was then going to throw the fashionable problem to the thread, but i feel like there has already been a good suggestion for it. So i'm starting with a small question for the community itself. Yah or nah ? Do you feel like you would like, or at least try, to take time to create together a suggestion with me as a mediator, maybe if i'm not too lazy, or just forget about this idea and let's continue like starmade dock has already done and everythings is fine ?

Just tell me below and we'll see if this initiative goes further or not.

Non

Reaction score
    I'd be up for it, but if this does become a thing, you will have to inevitably mediate rp vs pvp debates. Another thing to consider as the basis of this is, what entitles someone to an opinion here, and under what circumstances can that opinion be maintained? Not that anyone should be excluded but rather that if it comes down to an endless debate between someone who plays singleplayer only vs someone who is an established community member with a long history, and neither seems to be willing to budge, what are you going to do?

Reaction score
    As someone who did participate in a couple of group project I can say that this initiative puts a little too much faith in humanity.

Though I wouldn't mind to try again.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    If this thread gets off the ground I'll make sure to point all the potential exploits that could arise from things discussed here, not in a malicious way though, more of a 'hey this allows this, maybe have a way to prevent that' kind of way.

Reactions: Asvarduil
    Reaction score
    As someone who did participate in a couple of group project I can say that this initiative puts a little too much faith in humanity.

Though I wouldn't mind to try again.
    Good thing is, i don't have to put that much efforts into it.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Will there be pizza in this (hypothetical) discussion?