StarMade Beastiary (unofficial)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Hey all, I got bored, wrote some meta, and since no one else seems to be doing it(as far as I can tell), I figured I'd post it here. Tell me what you think!

Skora (Great Space Whales)

Edit: Skora "card"

Originally thought to be only a legend or story passed around as an old miners tale, the Skora are giant beings resembling old earth whales that are rarely seen. Skora are fiercely territorial, and tend to travel in small groups or pods. When threatened, Skora have been known to attack ships and astronauts viciously, utilizing both their energy reserves as weapons to blast holes via a prism directly behind their tongues, as well as their bodys, throwing themselves against ships and creating large holes in them. It is unclear as to why the Skora evolved the prism like structure in their mouths, but observations have shown them blasting large beams into the void and scientists have theorized that it could be used for communication or for finding a mate. In the epic of Gilmak, it's said that Gilmak once rode one of these majestic beasts to safety after his ship was destroyed near the edge of the galaxy; however this is considered legend and actually attempting to tame a Skora is considered highly unwise.

Ansari (Quads)

A communal race, somewhat similar to how ants behave on old earth, Ansari are a predatory creature, typically seen in groups. The Ansari seemed to have evolved as predators, and hunt in a particular way: First they spit a noxious poison at their enemy weakening it, and ultimately forcing it into a coma. Once their victim has passed out, the ansari carry it back to it's nest where the members of the colony will encase said victim in a shell of fiberglass like string. From there the ansari eat from the victim as needed. It seems that the Ansari once had a local predator, and because of this developed a hard exoskeleton. Since then however, this predator seems to have died off and the Ansari are now the top of the food chain. There are rumors of an Ansari Queen, however, these have never been confirmed.

All of this is obviously unofficial, and I'm going to revisit these and update the post as new stuff is added etc, but I like writing back stories and meta for stuff, so you can expect more as I come up with it.

-Raiben

Last edited:

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Space Whales?

I'm going to need some space-harpoons.

Edit: CRAP, didn't mean to necro this, for some reason it appeared on the little side thing of recent posts. Sorry guys.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    EDIT:

absolutely love the concept. couldn't help :3

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick