StarMade 0.1836 New Tutorial and loads of fixes

Reaction score
    I always love to see a new version appearing :)
    Also thx for all the fixes that are and will be, i.e. the fix that will fix the bug in this new version where the weapon calculations (for support systems) are not working correctly ;)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    All these bug fixes were a delicacy to read

Thank you so much oh cat god! May your paws never lose their agility and may your coffee machine never be empty ever again!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Did I read that change log correctly? AI can finally use the the weapons range!? Gotta check that out right away!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    YAY for bugfixes!! Some of the ones fixed have been driving me crazy. Great to have them fixed.

Reaction score
    *hands schema a kilo of military grade cat nip*

hurray for another amazing update! :D

these new textures are amazing! my gardens are looking better then ever!

and hurray for bug fixes galore! some of these have been bugging me (bugging....get it? ) for ages! now all we need is a fix for bug #843 and i have 5 more kilos of cat nip and magical mystical item that has eluded kitties for years, we humans call it a "Laser pointer" (but shhh, dont tell the other cats about it) should go great when used in tandem with the cat nip ;)

Reactions: Lecic and kupu
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I hate to be that guy, but why are all support weapons nerfed to 50%?
    Seriously, this. Not to be annoying as in 'oh my god, the update ruined my stuff'. Obviously the game is still alpha, still. But its seems lately that with every new update I either have to double the size of my ship to make it as efficient as before or live with my ship only be half as efficient as before. Things I have noticed is that missiles require more power to shoot now, most effects appear to be 'nerfed' compared to previous versions, and now I need double the amount of slave blocks to get 100%.

Reaction score
    Lots of nice bug fixes, but why are the weapon/slave/effect ratios off?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The weapons DID NOT get nerfed. It was a bug fix:

2/2/2 did more dps than 6/0/0. This was a bug and it got fixed. It had to be fixed, there is no reason why it should be that the same amount of blocks should do more damage in other setups, because then it would be the only thing people would use.

You don't need to add more blocks, you just need to redistribute. Power usage is also less now without the bug so there is absolutely no nerf involved other than the ability to get more dps by using effects, which shouldn't be.

You don't have to put more stuff on your ship. The damage has NOT been reduced, just the ratio needed, if you have now 50% on your machine gun, all shots will do double damage as when they were at 100% minus a very small amount from the bugfix.

the system is now:

combiPercent = slave : master+effect
    effect is still = effect : master

Reaction score
    I've noticed already that for some reason after patching I can no longer align myself to my ship. After a restart I can hit to align myself but I only works for a moment and stops until I restart. Anyone else getting this?

Reaction score
    So let me get this straight on the weapons, if I had 600 blocks for the master system and 600 for both the support and effect I would need to cut the support and effect systems down to 300 blocks each in order to get 100% out of them? Still trying to wrap my head around everything so I can fix all my weapons systems I just finished yesterday after a week of work, seems like it's never ending lol.

Nevermind just did some testing, have to up the support system to 1200 blocks while keeping everything else at 600 to get everything to 100% and that lowers the DPS so drastically I don't really see a point in the support or effect system anymore. I'm sure with some messing about with the system I can find a ratio I like that does what I want but quite frankly on a ship where 1800 blocks is the smallest weapon system I have I really can't be bothered to do that work. I'll just focus on shields and power systems with stop effect turrets and fly through any hostile areas without a care in the world.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The new version comes with a brand new tutorial and helper functions!

Tired of being spun around by entering gravity? Tired of spawning in a planet?

All that is fixed and much more:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-0-1835-new-tutorial-and-loads-of-fixes

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

I messed around in the new update for awhile -- I checked out the new tutorial just to see what it was .... very well done!

I also love not getting confused as hell everytime I enter or leave Gravity now :) Good update!

Reaction score
    Nevermind just did some testing, have to up the support system to 1200 blocks while keeping everything else at 600 to get everything to 100% and that lowers the DPS so drastically I don't really see a point in the support or effect system anymore.
    I'm not sure what effect you were using, but dps hasn't been nerfed in any way (like it was supposed to)

For Example:
    All three of these 3000-block groups do the same amount of dps, yet only two are rapid fire and only one has rapid fire and effect

These are their stats

Reaction score
    I'm not sure what effect you were using, but dps hasn't been nerfed in any way (like it was supposed to)

For Example:
    All three of these 3000-block groups do the same amount of dps, yet only two are rapid fire and only one has rapid fire and effect

These are their stats
    I'm using a missile system of 600 blocks hooked up to a pulse system of 600 for support and the punch through effect again 600 blocks. Just from messing around with it I've noticed a dps drop with changing the support blocks to get them up to 100 percent which takes double the blocks it used to to get there now needing 1200 pulse blocks. Don't understand why and I'm not going to pretend to fully grasp what's going on with the update or how things have changed. Just pointing out the weirdness I've noticed when screwing around with the newest update today.

I'm slightly irritated that after finally getting to a point where I understood how the weapons and effects worked things have changed and How I now have to either retrofit a massive ship or say screw it because it's not worth taking the time to do it every few updates. I know it's still beta so things are going to keep getting flipped around but looking at all that work I'd have to do again to bring things back up to speed just seems like a pain. If I'm doing something wrong with things I'd love to know lol. I feel like I don't grasp the system now, I do understand why the weapon systems are so much weaker compared to how much damage they did a few days ago since the bug is fixed and they're not getting a boost from each block placed in support and the effect anymore. I guess what I'm saying is at the moment I'm not fully grasping exactly how things have changed lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the bug fixes. Now we just need a few more bug squash sessions for the rest and everything should be fine!