StarMade 0.174 Crafting Update

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    just played

the crafting is finally balanced! i love it!

one small gripe is that the multi-slots have no name tags when you highlight a specific blocks. in the default texture pack the regular standard armor and the armor penta hot bar icons look exactly alike.

also i imagine you're working on multi-slots for every block. it only works with hull and other decorative blocks. would be awesome to be able to create a core systems stack (power regen,power capacity, shield capacity, shield regen, thrusters) as well other weapon stacks

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I may be alone when I say this, but I think that only decorative/hull blocks should have multistacks, and not systems.

Reaction score
    I like the multislots, and the crafting system balancing. Now that this book-keeping update is done, on to the universe update! (And to the special addition to the next update.)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?

I dreamt that a new major update happened in StarMade.

CHECK THE COMPUTER WHEN I WAKE UP AND IT HAS!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: flpsantoss

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I may be alone when I say this, but I think that only decorative/hull blocks should have multistacks, and not systems.
    why? we're going to get limited item stacks sooner or later. meaning that a cluttered inventory is inevitable. it just we won't now have to hold a dozens stacks of the same 5 types of blocks.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    why? we're going to get limited item stacks sooner or later. meaning that a cluttered inventory is inevitable. it just we won't now have to hold a dozens stacks of the same 5 types of blocks.
    That's exactly why. I don't think players should be able to carry large amounts of systems with them. That's what shipyards will be for. I imagine you'll be able to draw blocks from plex storage while building in a shipyard, making the issue a non-issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That's exactly why. I don't think players should be able to carry large amounts of systems with them. That's what shipyards will be for. I imagine you'll be able to draw blocks from plex storage while building in a shipyard, making the issue a non-issue.
    I think it is save to assume that the stack size limits will be different for certain blocks, and that those grouped stacks will be limited by the total number of blocks.

To accomplish limited groupes each block could have a stack value. Different blocks would have different values. Once a certain limit is reached, no more blocks could be added.

I have the feeling that computers will take up more space than the modules.

Ps: I hope I'm right.

Edit: I completely forgot to say how awesome this new crafting system is! Loads of stuff to play around with in the configs now, thank you so much!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    that could take a while, unless schema's surprise for next update is shipyards. but that would require changing the way dry dock building works (building a ship on a dock is rather clunky atm). it all hinges on schema managing to create a way for two entities to better communicate, interact, or something. basically transferring stuff between ships automatically.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just used a file comparison tool to check the blockbehaviorconfig, and this is what I found:
    HTML:
    <SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock>0</SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock>
    <!-- 0 will salvage on tick, otherwise the damage has to be met on the object to salvage one block -->
    <SalvageDamagePerHit>100</SalvageDamagePerHit>
    <!-- salvage damage done per tick to fill up SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock -->
    Oh, I can't wait to see this implemented completely!

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    just played

the crafting is finally balanced! i love it!

one small gripe is that the multi-slots have no name tags when you highlight a specific blocks. in the default texture pack the regular standard armor and the armor penta hot bar icons look exactly alike.

also i imagine you're working on multi-slots for every block. it only works with hull and other decorative blocks. would be awesome to be able to create a core systems stack (power regen,power capacity, shield capacity, shield regen, thrusters) as well other weapon stacks
    I disagree on that last part. I don't want multislots for every block. Hull is easy to use since both 5 types are in the same order and you can easily see the color. the game also makes AUTO multi slots whenever transferring stuff which would be nice to have the ability to turn that off.

Keep the weapon and system blocks separate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ithe game also makes AUTO multi slots whenever transferring stuff which would be nice to have the ability to turn that off.
    Yes please! Let me turn it off. It's annoying me already.

On another note. The fixes to the crafting system still make it too long winded. It's still cheaper time-wise to shop hop and buy the parts than it is to salvage planets or asteroids (i'm using a 1200 beam salvage ship). I spent 1 hour doing either method. After 1 hour of shopping I had 4,519 jump drive modules. After 1 hour of salvaging asteroids I obtained 212 modules by refining the raw materials into parts. This is still a huge difference and doesn't make crafting viable unless you remove shops from your universe.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes please! Let me turn it off. It's annoying me already.

On another note. The fixes to the crafting system still make it too long winded. It's still cheaper time-wise to shop hop and buy the parts than it is to salvage planets or asteroids (i'm using a 1200 beam salvage ship). I spent 1 hour doing either method. After 1 hour of shopping I had 4,519 jump drive modules. After 1 hour of salvaging asteroids I obtained 212 modules by refining the raw materials into parts. This is still a huge difference and doesn't make crafting viable unless you remove shops from your universe.
    you obviously don't know what the definition of fun is. Let me explain it to you.
    • Fun: using crafting system to build a titan.
    • Not fun: exploiting the game to get a titan as fast as possible.
    And I know it is a lot easier to just use shops, but why would you? Also, they are going to change salvaging anyway. Just take a look at this;
    HTML:
    <SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock>0</SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock>
    <!-- 0 will salvage on tick, otherwise the damage has to be met on the object to salvage one block -->
    <SalvageDamagePerHit>100</SalvageDamagePerHit>
    <!-- salvage damage done per tick to fill up SalvageDamageNeededPerBlock -->

Reactions: Lecic