StarMade 0.09383: Intermediate Update

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello and welcome to StarMade,

I'm currently working on bigger features. This is another intermediate update to fix some bugs and do some smaller stuff.

Missile Damage Update

Since calculating missile hits is performance heavy I can't do full detailed calculations (yet). However I'm trying to simulate the effect of blocks absorbing damage. Missile hits will now happen in 4 stages. Each adding one quarter to the total radius calculated. Starting with the smallest. Damage to blocks from each stage is added to a total counter and subtracted (/16) from the damage the next stage will do. Armour is now not only calculated, but will absorb not only the full damage from the missile, but also additional damage by armor (e.g. 50% armor with a 100hp hit will do only 50hp damage but absorb 150hp). The system is still in testing and may still have some odd behaviours.

Bugs & other things

- fixed lag in catalog list when there are many entries
    - fixed bug where structures could be edited for clients that didn't load the faction block of that structure yet
    - overheating core will now reset the faction
    - powerdrain now works with half the power on every block (full power on power blocks).
    - if powerdrain causes power of another ship to go to zero, it will disable recharge on that ship for 5 seconds
    - lift will now deactivate if cluster has changed
    - fixed lift graphics remaining when changing sectors
    - fixed crash when shooting active lift

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Probably just a poor choice of words on my side. sorry :D

I\'m not stopping work or anything. I\'ll fix the title (I thought Intermission is the noun for intermediate)

Reaction score
    this is going to be great... Im especially glad that the factions are reset when the core overheats, I think thats a good feature.

Reaction score
    This will make armor a whole bunch more useful, really nice change.

Comparatively, missiles are still weaker than plain AMCs though, and this makes them even weaker, but I guess balancing is something that\'ll happen at later stages.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    all these bug fixes yet still no fix for teleportation glitches or a stasus pod like feature implamented for flagships

Reaction score
    Apparently you have never competed in the Thunderdome....missles with end you!

Reaction score
    Ever since the update today my private server has been lagging out. I dont know what the problem is :(.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    What\'s going on...? Is everyone having this?

Reaction score
    Appreciate the time you\'re taking to update! Having a good time with it :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    on the server i\'m running after this update large AMC cannon groupings firing is causeing client and occasionally full server crashes any reason? would that be something rough to fix? no other issues though and i\'m hoping this faction update helps with some of our spacestation faction based issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried building my shipyard today in adv build mode and EVERYTHING glitched out when i was placing a 10x10x10 cube it made it a 10x10x7 or x6 or x2 or whatever IM SICK OF IT. When I turned on symmetry half of the sside that i built was missing FIX IT!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
    You have to keep in mind this game is still in the works. Even Minecraft that is in the Full Release stage still has bugs and still breaks things upon updating. Give them a break.

Reaction score
    I like that the missiles are now more like a piercing weapon instead of a ship despawner but I did notice that whatever you did might be causing larger ships (smallest i got it was 3k mass) to have trouble loading in when you start the game. The ship will only partialy load and all my friends are having the same difficulty. I would reccomend looking into this as ships can not fly until the thrusters load in and lagging is a common occurence while this problem persists. This seems to be the biggest flaw with the update but either than that I love it. I hope that you keep up the good work schema. We wouldnt be here playing such a good game without you and beetlebear.