STARDUST | A Starmade Story

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The beginning of a story series.

Enjoy. Lets see where this goes.

I step through the airlock and check my oxygen levels. 78 percent.
    I step forward, the artificial gravity of the space station keeping me grounded. I notice light glistening off faint scratches on my helmet’s visor, tinted blue by this systems star. I make my way towards damaged power relays, tools in tow behind me.

I touch the damaged unit, I feel it vibrating gently.
    “Control, did we shut off power through this relay? It’s under load” I radio in.
    I wait for a reply… It never arrives.
    I can feel the relay heating up. I follow the wiring along the stations outer wall, it leads to an abandoned wing, fallen into disrepair.

I pause for a brief moment and consider the risks. I check my oxygen levels, 73 percent. My sidearm is loaded. I grasp some loose cabling and start pulling myself towards a glowing missile crater.

This section of the station was abandoned around seventy-five years ago during a raider attack. Excessive damage to this section of the station deemed it uninhabitable. Behind me I hear a pop, the relay gave out. Almost immediately I hear a cry of frustration as light ceases to pour out of the crater. I ready my sidearm, approaching cautiously.
    “Is someone in there?”
    Silence…
    I activate a glow rod and throw it into the crater, a beam fires out, melting through the rod with pinpoint precision...

EP 2:
    Coming soon!

Last edited:

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    inb4 this is a harem manga and that's your first tsundere waifu.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I require to hear some smut in one of these.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really like this is sounding so far!

If I may offer a suggestion though, it sounds like you have some sort off doubling effect over your voice. I think the audio might overall sound better if this is removed.

Additionally, there are some mouth noises I hear between words. You might be able to mitigate this, but it will depend on what kind of microphone you are using. If you're using a cardioid mic, then you may be able to direct your face away from the mic when you're pausing so that the mic doesn't pick up the extra noise, as well as not having your face as close to the mic, so that it doesn't pick up the quite noises as much. If there is still noticeable noise that you wish to further remove, there are noise reduction tools you can use, but they will, depending on how much noise it has to cut, affect the EQ of your voice, possibly noticeably.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Aye, mouth noise is an issue. I rushed it out last night, I'll do a re record and upload sometime today, as well as ep 2
    [doublepost=1491274829,1491274751][/doublepost]Also, yeah. Using a pitch shifter to slightly harmonise my voice. Will do more experimenting in future with it

Reactions: wizerdwolf
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Aye, mouth noise is an issue. I rushed it out last night, I'll do a re record and upload sometime today, as well as ep 2
    [doublepost=1491274829,1491274751][/doublepost]Also, yeah. Using a pitch shifter to slightly harmonise my voice. Will do more experimenting in future with it
    Imo it isn't a big enough issue to warrant rerecording what you already have done, but go for it if you want to! I have a small bit of audio experience, occasionally making music as a hobby, so let me know if you have any questions. :3 I'm by no means a pro, but I'd like to see (err, hear) this turn out well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Aye, I've been producing music for about 10 years, pm me your stuff! I'd love to hear it :)

Reactions: wizerdwolf
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Aye, I've been producing music for about 10 years, pm me your stuff! I'd love to hear it :)
    In that case it seems like you have more experience than I do XD I've been playing instruments for about that long, but certainly not making music. Tbh, I'm not that great. I could probably link you one or two of the better things I have posted on my old youtube channel, though.
    (note, that youtube is an old channel, so there won't be anything more posted to that one :p )