Star Wars style cruiser (WIP)

Reaction score
    I think it's finally time to show you guys what I've been up to for the past (I believe) 10 days. I am currently building a Star Wars style cruiser. The general shape will be inspired by the G-Type shuttle, only will I reverse the sides, having it "open" in the front of the ship. The command section will be located where the sides meet.

Basically, my requirements are:

1. Everything must make sense to me (layout of the interior, details on the exterior, ...).
    2. Full interior.
    3. Combat capable.

I'm a bit slow which originates from the core being on the bridge. The command section has to be mostly finished before building the rest, because I can't just move it. I hope I'll be faster once I can start with the body.

Conventions: I'll be referencing the vertical positions of the stuff I'm going to show you with levels relative to the core. So everything on the same level as the core is on level 0, stuff above it level -1 and stuff below it level >= 1.

Overview. As you can see I'm still uncertain how to build the rear part:

Pilot's view:

Bridge (level 0), with captain's seat, holo projector and some command stations:

Bridge (level 1):

General style of the corridors. This one's on level 0. We can see the doors leading to the captain's ready room (right), a bathroom (left) and four turbo lifts:

Captain's ready room (level 0):

Bathroom (level 0):

Turbo lift shaft:

IT and communications rooms (level -1):

One of the currently three escape pod launchers (level 1). You can see the escape pod on the second overview image above. However, since we currently can't seem to influence the docking direction, I won't dock anything there because it would be inaccessible anyway.

Captain's quarters (level 2):

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Im feeling like thats similar to to the Nebula Frigate

Reaction score
    Do you mean the Nebulon-B? There probably will be almost no similarities with it, but more with the Venator- and Imperial-class Star-destroyers. I\'ve made a small 1-minute sketch of how it currently looks in my head:

I don\'t exactly know how large it will be, but I suspect something around 500m in length. The ship could probably fit either into the Rise of the Empire era, or into the New Republic era.

Also, I\'ve made progress today. Primary changes: