Star Wars Providence Class Destroyer Shell

Should I wedge It?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was recently inspired to do this after seeing Revenge of the Sith again, and I imported a model using SMedit and am now painting it. There are a few scale adjustments that I cannot make as my SMedit is no longer working, so the ship ended up being about 50m too long. Besides that, I am planning on painting the hull and releasing it when that has been finished.
    Length: 1129
    Width: 217
    Height: 254

Building Plan:
    Phase 1: Painting hull and fixing major hull issues
    Phase 2: Detailing
    Phase 3: Interior (Important rooms such as hangars, bridges, and reactors)
    Following this the hull will be released and I will continue to work on things like wedging and interior.

1.5 million blocks so far

Last edited:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Does it split in two near a planet, like the one in RoTS? :P

Dang that is one nice hull so far. I hope there's gonna be plenty of interior too, including the hangars :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This looks like a very ambitious project but one which will be amazing when you finish it. I'd vote yes to the wedging but I don't want to be the one responsible for breaking your brain!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After a two-week vacation I have returned to this project to continue work. I have changed all of the side trenches to a dark grey but I'm not sure if I want to keep it that color, as black may have better results in some areas, but worse in others. Any input will help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey Bio, it's been a long time,

When I was working on ships for the discontinued Star Wars themed server, we began using different models of cruiser-sized ships that we imported from 3ds Max. This included the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, MC80 Home Type One Star Cruiser, the Acclamator-class Cruiser, and more than I remember.

When it comes to detailing, currently, the different hull types (hull, standard, advanced) have a different shade of colors. I suggest for the inner trenches using Dark Grey Standard or Advanced and outlining the details with Black Standard Armor. Additionally, it looks even better when you complete the outer hull design, so I suggest working on that in the same areas as well (above or below what you're currently building).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey Bio, it's been a long time,

When I was working on ships for the discontinued Star Wars themed server, we began using different models of cruiser-sized ships that we imported from 3ds Max. This included the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, MC80 Home Type One Star Cruiser, the Acclamator-class Cruiser, and more than I remember.

When it comes to detailing, currently, the different hull types (hull, standard, advanced) have a different shade of colors. I suggest for the inner trenches using Dark Grey Standard or Advanced and outlining the details with Black Standard Armor. Additionally, it looks even better when you complete the outer hull design, so I suggest working on that in the same areas as well (above or below what you're currently building).
    Thanks for the tips Kenobi, I'll try to make that work once I get to the detailing phase of this build.

Quick Update: Added the grey striping to the front half, fixed a few markings, and removed the flaps as to make them flush with the hull. (I will change the outline on the flaps from dark grey to grey advanced with some more detailing.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wow! The CIS was always my favorite faction in Star Wars. I would love to use a fully operational Providence Class Capital Ship in Starmade. (Just don't add power yet before the revamp you'll have to strip all the old power blocks, I'm waiting for the update too.)