Star Charts

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I know this has been discussed before (Recognized - Sharable Star Charts) but what I'd like to suggest is something different-

>Introducing a new block- the StarChart block.
    >Atmost one StarChart block can be placed on a ship or station.
    >On placing down a StarChart block, it automatically stores all map data in your personal Galaxy Map "M".
    >Looking at the block and pressing "R" will open up the Galaxy Map as normal, it would display data stored in the block along with your own personal data.
    >While inside a ship core, pressing "M" shows combined data of the StarChart and your personal Map.
    >Taking a scan will give that data to your own personal Map and also to the StarChart of the ship and any other StarCharts located on docked entities. (Allows for docked entities that can store map data and can be ejected when the main ship is in danger...a kind of map in a bottle)
    >Docking entity X onto entity Y will combine the data of StarCharts on both entities. This combined data will be available even after docking.(Will allow for stations to have a huge storage of map data)
    >Removing a StarChart block either by destruction or by regular Build Mode/Astronaut mode will ERASE THE DATA! Ideally, there should be a pop-up notification if you try to remove the StarChart block "Do you really want to destroy this StarChart at x,y,z?" (Similar to storage removal warning). Placing a StarChart back will not help. This will mean stealing maps by attacking an explorer ship should be done tactfully.
    >Want to know where to go and mine? Ask your nearest explorer faction! Want to share a map with your buddy? No problem, just dock to their ship!
    Exploration made better! Sharing maps made easier! Large map banks now possible!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Cool suggedtion! Id live to see what could be done eith star charts and maps :3
    Being able to licate trade routes, rich fields, pirate bases and unique events would be awesome imo.

I think there would need to be some way of eadily identifying ehat areas have and havn't been scanned as well.

Reactions: Maramonster

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    This sounds like a potential feature of the universe update.

Reaction score
    Interesting and flavorful. There should be more of a role for exploration and science ships anyway!

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Love the suggestion, I'm always interested in things to make non-combat ships more interesting. I think reactor chambers are a start to specialization, but it could go farther, with things like your block idea. I'd also like to see support ships, but I think that'll be long after the weapons update.

I can't say I've heard "wallah" before. it's Voilà. (french for tada!)