Bug Squished Station & Docked Entities

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After leaving and re-entering a sector in which I have a station built, the entire station seems to get squished and nothing on it/docked to it can be interacted with.

Reloading the sector doesn't help, however restarting the client fixes the problem until the sector is loaded again.

Screenshot
    starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg

Reaction score
    Had this the other day, Google told me to delete something in the game files, can't quite remember what. Think it was cached files from servers or such.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Had this the other day, Google told me to delete something in the game files, can't quite remember what. Think it was cached files from servers or such.
    Do you know what you googled? I can't find anything on what to do about it ( did clear my client cache but no joy)

Reaction score
    I had this occur multiple times when I had flown out and visited an old-style pirate station (which caused the game to hiccup bad), and I returned. My station was stretched/squished. I could also only fix it by a reload. Unsure how to reliably reproduce it, but it happened multiple times, but not 'always'. Its very odd.

Reaction score
    I am seeing this same problem recently. Happens randomly when I leave the sector where my base is located and come back. Seems to happen after larger distances, but I can't seem to narrow what is causing it. Only a restart of the client fixes the problem.

It also seems to relocate where the actual base is, as when this happens it's farther away from the asteroid it should be near. After a restart it looks normal and is back where it should be in space. Seems to only squish it vertically as shown in the shots next to the ship I flew back with and have not docked yet.

See the attached shots. 244770_20160403163910_1.jpg 244770_20160403164010_1.jpg 244770_20160403164114_1.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is quite an old bug and doesn't seem to be on the tracker yet, it might have missed out on the migration. I'll see if i can find the task and link it, if not, I'll make one.

Until its fixed though re-logging has always fixed it for me.

That was probably the "clear client cache" option.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    OK I made a task for tracking this particular problem.

Should be able to access it here: Login to Phabricator when it becomes validated.

If encountered again try to get any information on it.

-time of encounter
    -server it was encountered on
    -try having another player jump in and see if what they see matches what you see

Reactions: Frigidman
    Reaction score
    For me and Aremes, we encountered it SANS servers. This was solo survival play, non-creative, non-networked. It seems to happen often, and other than knowing where to dig in some console or log file, there is nothing really to provide other than a screenshot of it.

Happens after going enough sectors out from the one the station is in. Never has happened while just being near the station. However does not ALWAYS happen after going a few sectors away and back. It seems entirely random when it decides to happen.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You may also be able to fix this by moving the station. I often see my one station not aligned to "galactic north" so I often have to jump in a build block, change sector and then change sector back. This seems to always fix the alignment issue but you do need admin rights to pull this off. I've never seen the squishing issue on my creative universe so I have not had a chance to test this method. I have seen the squishing issue several times on the server I frequent.

Reaction score
    I had this problem last night. I ended up using the "/destroy_entity" admin command on all of my stuff and then reloading them into the sector I was in using the "Admin Load" button in the catalog menu.

NOTE: This was in a single player game in sandbox mode, not online.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    ive had this happen to me while i was in a ship, what i did was i exited the core while the sihp was moving. and let myself go thru the ship . And then when i relog. the ship is gone. and all of it was squished too

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I had the same problem with a jumpgate station. Every once in a while it would teleport halfway across the sector and look squished. Reloading fixed it consistently.

Reaction score
    This is happening quite often for me at my station. Even docking ship makes everything squished.