Special effect computers not working

Reaction score
    Hey everyone,

I am having the problem that when trying to use a jump drive, scanner or jammer (and possibly other effects that I have not tested) after charging it, nothing happens. I charge it fully using the left mouse button and try to activate the effect with the right mouse button. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?
    I am using version v0.201.088 by the way.

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey everyone,

I am having the problem that when trying to use a jump drive, scanner or jammer (and possibly other effects that I have not tested) after charging it, nothing happens. I charge it fully using the left mouse button and try to activate the effect with the right mouse button. Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?
    I am using version v0.201.088 by the way.

This is a visual bug and it can be corrected with one of two ways. The reason why it happens is because you see that the module is fully charged when in reality it isn’t. To fix jump drives not jumping, but appearing fully charged just keep holding the key or mouse control you have set to charge it and keep right clicking. It will charge up even though it looks full and then in actuality it will be charged and ready to jump

Also the other way to fix it is relog and make sure the sector gets reloaded. There’s no real point in doing this considering it takes way longer and is quite a hassle, but after you log back in you will see your jump drive isn’t quite fully charged, as reloading the sector corrects the visual bug and syncs it with the actual charge % of the jump drive

Reactions: Marceline
    Reaction score
    This is a visual bug and it can be corrected with one of two ways. The reason why it happens is because you see that the module is fully charged when in reality it isn’t. To fix jump drives not jumping, but appearing fully charged just keep holding the key or mouse control you have set to charge it and keep right clicking. It will charge up even though it looks full and then in actuality it will be charged and ready to jump

Also the other way to fix it is relog and make sure the sector gets reloaded. There’s no real point in doing this considering it takes way longer and is quite a hassle, but after you log back in you will see your jump drive isn’t quite fully charged, as reloading the sector corrects the visual bug and syncs it with the actual charge % of the jump drive
    Aha, that makes sense now. Thanks for the kind reply! As a follow up, I was wondering about the lock-on missile animation. It currently resets whenever you move your cursor, although the target is still in your sights. Is this also a visual bug?

Edit: I just tested out my jump drive and scanner. Trying to charge it extra does not work, as it does not draw more power. Furthermore, relogging does not change the visible charge status. And off course, activating also still not works.

Reactions: Marceline

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Aha, that makes sense now. Thanks for the kind reply! As a follow up, I was wondering about the lock-on missile animation. It currently resets whenever you move your cursor, although the target is still in your sights. Is this also a visual bug?

Edit: I just tested out my jump drive and scanner. Trying to charge it extra does not work, as it does not draw more power. Furthermore, relogging does not change the visible charge status. And off course, activating also still not works.
    it's probably switching trgets to sub-entities and restarting it's lock-on....one reason we want "only lockon with F" behavior
    Do you have the correct chamber for JD/scanner? You can't use either "computer" for power 2.0 ships, it's builtinto core/chambertree now.

Reaction score
    I am using the reactor chambers, not the old jump drive computers:

Regarding the missile lock, the lock is also disturbed when selecting an entity with 'F' which does not have any turrets (like a single ship core).

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

To fix the visual bug you might have to clear cache and exit game as well. And it takes patience. Yeah it doesn’t take power from your ship but it will still continue charging