Spawn with no stations in area

Reaction score
    Hello everyone, I'd like to spawn in an area with no stations of any kind around, so I am forced to build my own infrastructure and would not be interrupted by pirates (At least until I leave said area). My question is; would this even be doable without mods, and how? Bonus question: If I need mods for this, could someone point me in the direction of the specific mods I need?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    You should be able to edit the server config file so no trade stations spawn. Then I guess just start a single player game, admin warp out to deep space and enjoy?

Reaction score
    Looking in the 'server.cfg' file, the only entry I could find that seemed like it would do this is "ALLOWED_STATIONS_PER_SECTOR" which I found could not go below 1 (the game corrects it if it does). Would you mind pointing me in the direction of which line I want to edit?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Change the spawn system to one much further from the center or arms of a galaxy, this will place you much further from civilization. You can find the selected system coords in the galaxy map and paste them into the config/world setting related to the spawnpoint's system.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What you'll want to do is change the starting sector cords and have protect start sector on as well (may not be necessary).
    If you change the x y z cords enough it'll spawn you out in deep space (Stations there are rare).
    Then you could slowly build up and make your way back to civilization.

Another option is to turn on creative mode when starting a new game and use admin warp to get yourself far away. Then turn it off and start playing : ) Would take 10 seconds.