Spawn Frequency of User-Created Ships

Reaction score
    After messing around in StarMade for roughly a year, I'm surprised that I've never noticed anyone suggest this. There should be a way to adjust the spawning frequency of user-created ships. A simple slider bar that appears when "Enemy Usable" is selected under the Permissions tab would work wonders.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of having to give pirates weaker ships simply to stand a chance. As it is, if I make an extremely powerful ship, it will spawn at the same, if not greater, frequency as the standard Isanth VIs, making it incredibly annoying to run into a group of pirates to find that 3 out of 5 are the incredibly strong ship. The slider bar or any other alternative for setting the spawn frequency of ships would eliminate this problem and allow for a more customized enemy fleet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It has been suggested many, many times actually.

Reaction score
    I stated that I have never noticed it being suggested. If you have nothing to contribute, then do not post. That was obviously not the main point of my topic.

Edit: And of course someone posted this right when I began thinking of it around a week ago.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I\'d like for them to be able to have some better ships, but I really don\'t want to get swarmed by a bunch of mid-sized or capital ships.

That also end up bumping into each other and lagging the server.

Reaction score
    The devs mentioned in the Q&A videos that in the future they plan not only to have more default AI ships and that those ship will get larger & the AI governing them will get tougher the further away from the spawn point the player travels, but also allow us to create our own NPC factions and the ships that they use (again, smaller ones used closer to the spawn and larger ones only further away) with simple \"faction\" folders. ;)