Space Stations Update Bugs

Reaction score
    Hi !

Doors : They can close but then, i can't make them open. Should they be automatic ?
    ( Why aren't they allowed to be build on ships too ? it could be cool for accessing the core and protect it also )

Glass : I don't know why but there are sometimes dark circle that obstruct the vision, especially on a ship when protecting a cockpit module, it works in front of it, but in diagonal, it darken the vision.

Thrust/Speed : First we can move without any thrusters. And also, you applied the restriction depending on mass on the thrust instead of setting it on speed which make huges ships able to move too fast.

IA : Crash on trying to change setting, it appears that the arrows for changing team, focus and type don't work.

Block Orientation : Crash while doing Shift + Left, didn't test the other.

Reaction score
    Actually the space station didn't load for me until i loaded up Coop match instead of Free or Team. Then again i only went back in fourth between the two death stars in the other modes. It might just be some slow loading.

Hey Elladan does block orientation work for you?

Reaction score
    I didn't try block orientation.
    For the space station to spawn correctly in all mode, maybe just reset server upon lauching and it should be ok.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thanks for the bug reports. I hope I'll be able to release bugfixes in a few hours.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    (sorry I\'m writing from my mobile right now)

You can move new without having any thrusters. At least with minimal acceleration. I figured that was necessary if you for various reasons. for example if you get pushed away while trying to build

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm having some issues with the gravity module, though im not sure if its a bug or im just using it wrong. When I hit R to use the module it teleports me some distance away and I start falling pretty much indefinitely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    also one of the facings seems to be messed up when I try to point it right it instead points down and vice-Versa

Reaction score
    When I created a new core inside the hanger without the landing strip and exit the core instead of spawning next to the core I spawn outside the hanger parralle to the hange my ship is in. I think this is a persistint thing. Like when buying a ship it spawn on the otherside of the shop tower instead of next to you.

Reaction score
    Yeah it's because when you leave a ship, it takes you to it's back.
    But as in a hangar, you'll go in fact, at the back of the entity which contains the entity you're in.
    And so you end up far from it.

Maybe setting a recall about entering position in the referencial of the ship and making it as exit position would settle the problem. Though, for safety, if the ship had changed and exit position couldn't be reached, then you would appear at the back of the ship.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yeah Elladan, you pretty much called it :)

There where problems in the past with people leaving their ship and being placed inside it (catapulting their own ships away). I kind of took the save route to make sure that would not happen. Well, seems I got to revistit that once more and set it right ;)

edit: Doors: they are kind of scrappy right now. I plan to make them being activated directly or by your ship. I didn't want the doors to be the ultimate defense right now (since they indestructible atm). I will improve the doors of cause to be also usable at ships and to be less imba ;)

Reaction score
    On the server when I try to go around the space station, the doorways connecting the hangars and the center lift all work except one. It is very weird. I can't move through the doorway closest to the shop. I can send you a video if you don't understand.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    @jmeyer2k: I can't reproduce the bug (probably because I had to restart the server because of the update). But I suspect that is probably an issue with the door moldule not synchronizing correctly (sever has activated door while client has it open -> server will snap the client posiion back)
    @Elladan: All bugs are fixed (except the one with the doors, which needs a little more time planning).

Reaction score
    How can we build our own space stations since they are no core ( and no even on the station in the game ) ?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This is not yet in the game (although it would not be very hard to enable)
    The reason, why it isn't is that I'm still thinking about how to approach the creation of individual space stations. I'm currently leaning towards a system where there are a limited amount of slots available in each star system, so systems won't get overloaded with hundreds of stations.
    (I'm currently working on expanding the universe, making more systems available to fly to)