Something that is needed allot

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Why don't people make creative servers? Not everyone likes survival, So to everyone out there, WE NEED MORE CREATIVE SERVERS! Ok? Good, Now i wanna note that there are more survival servers than creative servers which is bad and must be balanced out to be where there is enough of each and the same amount of each, Also for those old servers, Get updated before you old servers get taken down bt someone, So everyone needs to start creating creative servers and start to update yo old servers

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    hey man,give us 100$ per month,and I will gladly open a creative server just for you :p

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Opinion from someone who has run minecraft servers and can run a SM server on the lack of creative servers?
    Starmade simply doesn't have the tools to handle a public creative server right now.

I am quite simply not willing to put down $80-$140 USD a month (pre much double that for my native currency) for randoms to play creative, because quite frankly policing a public creative server currently would be like pulling teeth out with your own hair while drinking vodka.
    And worst of all, I would be paying for the privilege of going bald with bleeding, burning gums.

Reaction score
    hey man,give us 100$ per month,and I will gladly open a creative server just for you :p
    GOt no money so that option doesn't work out for you, Sorry, But you can still host a server for me
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453572190,1453572144][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Opinion from someone who has run minecraft servers and can run a SM server on the lack of creative servers?
    Starmade simply doesn't have the tools to handle a public creative server right now.

I am quite simply not willing to put down $80-$140 USD a month (pre much double that for my native currency) for randoms to play creative, because quite frankly policing a public creative server currently would be like pulling teeth out with your own hair while drinking vodka.
    And worst of all, I would be paying for the privilege of going bald with bleeding, burning gums.
    It is possible, Just the admin has to set creative mode to true on everyone, It is still at least possible to make one, Just takes time tho

Reaction score
    Now, thats interresting. Everybody says "cant be done". My question is "why"? Does it take too much ressources? Is that why the Server would be so expensive? I mean, that Price could easily give a Xeon 1270 with 32 GB ram. Probably more if you go for a non-premium hoster. For how much players would that machine work in creative?
    Then, there is the "everybody" aspect. I would still whitelist that thingy. But other than that...
    Personally, i dont like the Idea of creative Multiplayer, because it would itself get boring very fast. But other than that, why not? And why would creative need so much more system ressources. From what I understand everybody builds big things anyway.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Now, thats interresting. Everybody says "cant be done". My question is "why"? Does it take too much ressources? Is that why the Server would be so expensive? I mean, that Price could easily give a Xeon 1270 with 32 GB ram. Probably more if you go for a non-premium hoster. For how much players would that machine work in creative?
    Then, there is the "everybody" aspect. I would still whitelist that thingy. But other than that...
    Personally, i dont like the Idea of creative Multiplayer, because it would itself get boring very fast. But other than that, why not? And why would creative need so much more system ressources. From what I understand everybody builds big things anyway.
    It's not that it cannot be done. It is simply the fact that the shenanigans possible with creative servers is rather high, higher than the patience of people usually willing to run servers for people.

With survival, you have to actually work for the stuff you build. With creative, you can easily have titans made by everyone, which will kill the average server.

So, to recap: 1) creative servers are effing annoying to admin. 2) You need a much better server to survive creative mode.

It's not worth the trouble, nor the money.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453575977,1453575845][/DOUBLEPOST]
    GOt no money so that option doesn't work out for you, Sorry, But you can still host a server for me
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453572190,1453572144][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It is possible, Just the admin has to set creative mode to true on everyone, It is still at least possible to make one, Just takes time tho
    You've completely missed the point he was trying to make. A public, creative server is not worth the time, effort or money to make. Sure, you the player would be having a blast, at least until the lag crippled the server. The admins, on the other hand, would be pulling out their hair.

Reactions: Bonusinches

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The biggest problem isn't really hardware.

Its the nuts behind the wheels attempting to set it on fire.
    Literally, I am not bloody joking.

Simplest way to explain it is:
    Take a herd of cats that all hate you, and hate each other even more, some even hate the very fact that your server exists.
    Now give them infinite resources to hate the universe and its entire contents with.

Try to keep control of said cats without locking them in cages and heavily restricting what they can do to the point that you might as well not be running a creative server anyway, you are now running a prison solely consisting of solitary confinement.
    And guess who the poor sod is that needs to change the kitty litter and throw away all the cute little kitty cores and funky shaped kitty crap they leave behind, oh and massive hairballs they love to barf up?
    Weep when cats blow up the server every 2 minutes doing silly stuff anyway and you start getting some sort of sick pleasure from your growing ban list.
    Put up with complaints of lag, instability, and other standard grumbling because players are screwing your shit up left and right.
    Give up, white list and invite mates/trusted players to new private build server.

Reaction score

Take a herd of cats that all hate you, and hate each other even more, some even hate the very fact that your server exists.
    Now give them infinite resources to hate the universe and its entire contents with.

Try to keep control of said cats without locking them in cages and heavily restricting what they can do to the point that you might as well not be running a creative server anyway, you are now running a prison solely consisting of solitary confinement.
    And guess who the poor sod is that needs to change the kitty litter and throw away all the cute little kitty cores and funky shaped kitty crap they leave behind, oh and massive hairballs they love to barf up?
    Weep when cats blow up the server every 2 minutes doing silly stuff anyway and you start getting some sort of sick pleasure from your growing ban list.
    Put up with complaints of lag, instability, and other standard grumbling because players are screwing your shit up left and right.
    Give up, white list and invite mates/trusted players to new private build server.
    Really it wqasn't worth my time reading your comment but eh, Still, If SOMEONE had a very big and very powerful server that can handle anything, Then it would be worth having a creative server, But eh, Still need some creative servers, No one really likes whitelists btw, It gets annoying quick when whitelist is enabled on a server you want to join but it has no form to apply to, Thats one thing i'm talking about, It be ok to have creative mode servers where it is calm, But with it being battlemode on a creative server, Thats where your thing comes in, I'd understand it there, Otherwise, On a very nice and calm server with creative mode, Likely nothing bad will happen except for pirates trying to raid you, But other wise i don't get why there shouldn't be creative mode servers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Really it wqasn't worth my time reading your comment but eh

I dont think creative servers are a matter of possibility, but of why. Like maybe a couple of creative servers would be alright but I dont think many bother because it would be better, at least in my opinion, to build in single player. Single player is the best place to go creative because you control all aspects of your build universe, you dont have to worry about others stealing or greifing your crap. And when comes to mutliplayer I think most people find the survival aspect more appealing. So really to easily say it, theres not enough demand for creative servers, im sure if there was high enough demand we would see at least a few. But why bother when single player is an easier, cheaper and safer alternative.

I know the Starside server allows you to play with an survival or creative mode player. Meaning that in survival, you're actually surviving but in creative mode you would be locked in a sector, cant leave or exploit the creative mode, but gives you creative mode within your own personal sector basically. Honestly I might regret telling you that because from most of your forum interactions you seem like the kind of guy i'd hate having run around in the same universe as me. Let alone the same real world universe.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bonusinches
    Reaction score

I dont think creative servers are a matter of possibility, but of why. Like maybe a couple of creative servers would be alright but I dont think many bother because it would be better, at least in my opinion, to build in single player. Single player is the best place to go creative because you control all aspects of your build universe, you dont have to worry about others stealing or greifing your crap. And when comes to mutliplayer I think most people find the survival aspect more appealing. So really to easily say it, theres not enough demand for creative servers, im sure if there was high enough demand we would see at least a few. But why bother when single player is an easier, cheaper and safer alternative.

I know the Starside server allows you to play with an survival or creative mode player. Meaning that in survival, you're actually surviving but in creative mode you would be locked in a sector, cant leave or exploit the creative mode, but gives you creative mode within your own personal sector basically. Honestly I might regret telling you that because from most of your forum interactions you seem like the kind of guy i'd hate having run around in the same universe as me. Let alone the same real world universe.
    Well i wanna say this: I know people who'd rather more creative servers than survival, SO really people do need to make some more creative servers ok? so don't say it ain't gonna happen cause some day i know it'll happen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Creative servers exist. Whitelists are good and work well at filtering out unwanted people.
    There is no such thing as a server that can 'handle everything' Hosting large creative servers requires extremely good hardware, even then there is a limitation to how much the rig will be able to handle.
    If you want a creative server, go host/rent it yourself.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Sorry about that folks. I have removed the rather hearty disagreement but feel free to repost it Captain_Stripes when you get it in a condition that abides by forum regulations.

Reactions: Captain_Stripes

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Terms of Service and Rules | StarMade Dock
    1. No excessive usage of profanity

2. Do not behave in a Malicious Manner

4. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.

Well he didn't have excessive profanity, he wasn't being particularly malicious expect for the points on brain power, but that might be because you kept dismissing and waving your hand at anyone else's post that disagreed with your own.

Also could be considered flame. However both of these are pretty mild and weak, and according to the rules, would be 0-1 points with a 1 week expiration.
    Out of the what? 20 points needed for a ban? Someone correct me if I missed anything.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well I suppose I shouldn't let an opportunity to go to waste, I will attempt to rewrite my statements without being as... brash, as one way to put it. I will remove my colorful thoughts regarding timtee's character, no matter how true I find them to be. I hope that the community finds the rest of the post satisfactory.

Dear Timothy "Tee" Also regarded as timtee,

I find your most recent post (the one that isn't deleted) within this thread (actually, of all them), to be most unpleasant. I find this very concerning, because it appears that you may have misinterpreted what I (or anyone at that) have said. As your fellow man, I feel that I must advise you on your thoughts.

"I know people who'd rather more creative servers than survival,"
    Now there is a rather simple solution. Where you have complained that there is a lack of servers that pertain to your needs wants, you can band together with these "people that you know" to form your own server. You must take initiative and action to acquire that which you seek.

"SO really people do need to make some more creative servers ok?"
    I find this statement very ill hearten. As I stated before it is not up to the community to meet your demands, but rather you must take the action upon yourself. The community will not put together a server for you, much like a house cannot build itself. To demand such a thing, is outright insanity.

"so dont say it ain't gonna happen cause some day i know it'll happen"
    This is by far your most interesting statement within this thread, and the most concerning. What I have said earlier was not to dismiss the idea of more creative servers because they wont happen, but rather I explain to as why they are not popular yet, I have a severe doubt that they will reach the popularity of survival based servers. Now I do believe that you have started this thread to express doubt that creative based servers will not reach the popularity levels of survival based servers, yet you say someday you know that they will. This more recent statement expresses that there is no doubt on the future of creative based servers. So would you kindly explain how you no longer hold this doubt, or if the doubt ever existed?

I feel that you may not understand me, much like you haven't before. So this has been my best attempt to reach a mutual understanding, I have done all that I can. May the works of Charles Robert Darwin help us all.

With much love,
    Wishing you all the best,
    Hugs and Kisses,

Sincerely,

Captain, Ryan Stripes
    P.S.
    I know it may come as a great disappointment to you that I have not been banned. But I must have you know that no matter how many warning points I receive (2 by the way) for a post, does not effect how truthful or factual that post might have been. I only attempt to be an honest man.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Well I suppose I shouldn't let an opportunity to go to waste, I will attempt to rewrite my statements without being as... brash, as one way to put it. I will remove my colorful thoughts regarding timtee's character, no matter how true I find them to be. I hope that the community finds the rest of the post satisfactory.

Dear Timothy "Tee" Also regarded as timtee,

I find your most recent post (the one that isn't deleted) within this thread (actually, of all them), to be most unpleasant. I find this very concerning, because it appears that you may have misinterpreted what I (or anyone at that) have said. As your fellow man, I feel that I must advise you on your thoughts.

"I know people who'd rather more creative servers than survival,"
    Now there is a rather simple solution. Where you have complained that there is a lack of servers that pertain to your needs wants, you can band together with these "people that you know" to form your own server. You must take initiative and action to acquire that which you seek.

"SO really people do need to make some more creative servers ok?"
    I find this statement very ill hearten. As I stated before it is not up to the community to meet your demands, but rather you must take the action upon yourself. The community will not put together a server for you, much like a house cannot build itself. To demand such a thing, is outright insanity.

"so dont say it ain't gonna happen cause some day i know it'll happen"
    This is by far your most interesting statement within this thread, and the most concerning. What I have said earlier was not to dismiss the idea of more creative servers because they wont happen, but rather I explain to as why they are not popular yet, I have a severe doubt that they will reach the popularity of survival based servers. Now I do believe that you have started this thread to express doubt that creative based servers will not reach the popularity levels of survival based servers, yet you say someday you know that they will. This more recent statement expresses that there is no doubt on the future of creative based servers. So would you kindly explain how you no longer hold this doubt, or if the doubt ever existed?

I feel that you may not understand me, much like you haven't before. So this has been my best attempt to reach a mutual understanding, I have done all that I can. May the works of Charles Robert Darwin help us all.

With much love,
    Wishing you all the best,
    Hugs and Kisses,

Sincerely,

Captain, Ryan Stripes
    P.S.
    I know it may come as a great disappointment to you that I have not been banned. But I must have you know that no matter how many warning points I receive (2 by the way) for a post, does not effect how truthful or factual that post might have been. I only attempt to be an honest man.
    You have accumulated a worthwhile view that I have examined thuroughly, and let it be known that I shale vehimently concur with said person on the bases of said belief because I also share said Idea on said premises.
    or in other words. I agree! :D

Reactions: Captain_Stripes

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Terms of Service and Rules | StarMade Dock
    1. No excessive usage of profanity

2. Do not behave in a Malicious Manner

4. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.

Well he didn't have excessive profanity, he wasn't being particularly malicious expect for the points on brain power, but that might be because you kept dismissing and waving your hand at anyone else's post that disagreed with your own.

Also could be considered flame. However both of these are pretty mild and weak, and according to the rules, would be 0-1 points with a 1 week expiration.
    Out of the what? 20 points needed for a ban? Someone correct me if I missed anything.
    It's 5 points for a 1 week ban, 10 for 2 weeks, 15 for a month, and 20 might actually be perma-ban, IIRC.

I also find it silly that what Captain_Stripes said was somehow in violation of rules. Going through all the rules, especially the relevant ones that Master_Artificer mentioned, he wasn't infringing upon them, and if one is desperate to prove him to do so, very barely, to the point where it'd be easily invalidated. As Master_Artificer said, there was no excessive use of profanity (a couple of fucks and shits don't hurt anyone :p), he wasn't behaving in a malicious manner, and the idea of flaming is so broad, what MrFURB said could also be considered flame, if it ended up creating a series of heated arguments. If we're going to use flaming, it shall need to be hating, which I saw none of (A few insults, in context, is not hate. If he continued to harass/insult the victim afterwards, then it'd be hating). Therefore, our lovely Captain_Stripes was failing to violate any rules, and as such, should've had no problems regarding admins/warning points with his post.

Apologies for the rant, but this has gotten silly now.

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score

Take a herd of cats that all hate you,...
    LOLOLOLOLOL
    Nailed it.:D

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Customer: 'Can I buy this car'
    Salesman: 'Sure, that'll be $32,000.'
    Customer: 'GOt no money so that option doesn't work out for you, Sorry, But you can still give the car to me'

OP logic.

I especially love the bit where the OP tries to make Luke look like the bad guy by saying 'that option doesn't work out for you.'.
    Simply classic.