Something Nice

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    Firstly I would like to explain something.
    My first post is nothing new everything I stated had already been stated and proved by MANY members before, most points before i was even on the Docks. All i did was compile it into one post in agreeance as a way to say things need to change and we should stop sweeping it under the rug.

Now we saw the bad/ugly of SMD let me express some of the good that I have seen and experienced.
    • Despite what some of you say/think you guys are some of the kindest, caring and friendly community I have ever come across
    • (PvP love - personal) I have never been so quickly accepted as a friend and treated so equally by people before, so thank you guys <3
    • (PvP love - public) Yall do the best you can to help people learn about the systems and game mechanics, despite people misunderstanding what yall say yous never give up and never take it personally and that’s pretty awesome.
    • (RP love) You guys build some of the most amazing shells I have ever seen and you eagerness to share those works of art with the world is amazing
    • (Builder love) You lot… You build some of the coolest and ridiculous things ever and although you don’t post as much as other parties I have seen yous help people with a range of game related thing. The calmest and most patient of the community, you guys don’t get recognized enough by others.
    • (Everyone) Yall try your best to help others with all aspects of the game taking a lot of pressure from the dev team over basic issues.
      • PvP players help with game mechanics both basic and complicated, systems, weapons and bugs

• RP players help with basic mechanics, ship design and basic troubleshooting

• Builders help all round with design, systems, basic bugs and some of the more complicated build issues that arise
    • You are all very passionate about the success of this game
    • You do your best to support not only the devs but each other and in many cases putting aside site and play style drama to help and be there for each other when you see someone needs it
    • Many of you are very understanding people which says a lot
    • A lot of you don’t take the frustrations expressed here personally and that’s an incredibly mature and difficult thing for a lot of people to do
    There is so much good behind the bad, remember the bad is always far more apparent the the good because that’s what your minds bring your attention to more than anything.
    You guys are an amazing community and have nothing on some communities I have been in. Keep at it, keep your heads high and just keep swimming. One day yall will see all the good more than the bad.

Reaction score
    I agree. One of the reasons I want to enjoy this game again is because I greatly enjoyed my interactions with people on this game. The types of people are very diverse and it is interesting to just log on to a new server and say hello. I made more lasting friends from this game than most others, in spite of the fact that I haven't even officially joined any factions.

I think regardless of our opinions and views we are all greatly concerned for this game. It literally seems like it is stuck in a development hell, even though there is a lot of work being done. I hope that eventually we can get past this, but behind all the anger I see fear. This fear is not misplaced. All the beautiful potential that this game has spawned in our minds has the possibility of never being met. That would be a quite a loss in my mind.

I do like that everyone is airing their true opinions though. I'm hoping this helps bring the community together so we can help figure this out.

Jebediah1

FlyingZeene_TNT, Emperor of NRE. (Scipio)
    Reaction score
    • Despite what some of you say/think you guys are some of the kindest, caring and friendly community I have ever come across
    • (PvP love - personal) I have never been so quickly accepted as a friend and treated so equally by people before, so thank you guys <3
    • ~~That's becuase your female~~

Stike7g5

Mandalorian Shipwright
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

This is coming from the builder, not the moderator. I see myself as a player first, moderator second, because in the end that is what we all are. Players of the game. We have the potential to exceed our hardships, and in the end I truly believe this will helps us become a better community.

(Builder love) You lot… You build some of the coolest and ridiculous things ever and although you don’t post as much as other parties I have seen yous help people with a range of game related thing. The calmest and most patient of the community, you guys don’t get recognized enough by others.

I truly thank you for the recognition. It is true a lot of builder I know tend to stick with their own kind, and often fall towards the background as the niche of StarMade. But when needed I find Builders to be some of the most helpful of the group. Take Jerry_Brinefield or WhiteFaulken for examples. I learned a lot through the years by studying their build styles to improve mine, and even more is that they both have helped with the creations of some of my builds, even getting the opportunities to collaborate builds with both. Not that I do not respect other types of the community. PvP and RP are both respectful arts in their own. Each requiring their own balance and style. It all comes together to form a beautiful collage of play styles, build styles and personalities I would not want to miss.

Reactions: Coyote27

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Truely a shame what this community has become. Like many others, i've been there since the early days and i miss those. I do hope that future updates will calm down whatever will be left of us.

P.S: My title.

Reaction score
    We still have hope to expand and improve the community. It'll mean a lot of difficult work, but most of the people who are left are a solid core to start from.

Thingie

Professional Lurker
    Reaction score
    Truely a shame what this community has become. Like many others, i've been there since the early days and i miss those. I do hope that future updates will calm down whatever will be left of us.

P.S: My title.
    We still have hope to expand and improve the community. It'll mean a lot of difficult work, but most of the people who are left are a solid core to start from.
    This is a post about the good here, don't bring your off topic negativity here.