[SOLVED]The Game Completely Freezes On A Server

Reaction score
    Hi,I have a big problem.When I join to a server the game completely freezes on spawning I see that my ping flies somewhere around 300 and 500 and the fps is 1.Even the mouse gets stuck and I can't d anything so I need to force quit.I tried joining that server many times still the same thing.But everything works perfectly in single player and other servers.Also when I change name I join as a new player and everything works so there is something wrong with my account.I found a similar thread and the person said that he reinstalled java and the problem got fixed.I tried to reinstall java but I got some errors "try again"' n terminal.So what should I do?Delete launcher?If I do this will I lose something?
    Please help

Reaction score
    Hi,I have a big problem.When I join to a server the game completely freezes on spawning I see that my ping flies somewhere around 300 and 500 and the fps is 1.Even the mouse gets stuck and I can't d anything so I need to force quit.I tried joining that server many times still the same thing.But everything works perfectly in single player and other servers.Also when I change name I join as a new player and everything works so there is something wrong with my account.I found a similar thread and the person said that he reinstalled java and the problem got fixed.I tried to reinstall java but I got some errors "try again"' n terminal.So what should I do?Delete launcher?If I do this will I lose something?
    Please help
    What server are you trying to log into and how much ram do you have? If you have a really old computer, and you try to log into a server with an extravagant spawn, it could cause issues. There may also be an issue with a corrupted or null-seced spawn sector that the server admin would need to address.

Reaction score
    What server are you trying to log into and how much ram do you have? If you have a really old computer, and you try to log into a server with an extravagant spawn, it could cause issues. There may also be an issue with a corrupted or null-seced spawn sector that the server admin would need to address.
    Im trying to connect Beriere server.I have 4gb ram allocated and 8gb ram computer with Intel Iris 6100 1536mb vram and intel i5 2.7ghz so my system is good.Im trying to spawn in our faction home planet which is super crowded but never made problems for me.I wanna ask can admin spawn me in other sector then?

Reaction score
    Seriously,WHAT IS GOING ON?! Same thing happened in Singleplayer
    [doublepost=1530632405,1530631253][/doublepost]Just made a reinstall I couldn’t enter to singleplayer for one time,tried second time and did it but now whole textures are wrong

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Back up blueprints of anything you want to keep, then delete the entire SM folder and download everything from scratch. Sounds like your original install had developed problems, and then the reinstall wasn't done from scratch so stuff got crosswired.

Reaction score
    Back up blueprints of anything you want to keep, then delete the entire SM folder and download everything from scratch. Sounds like your original install had developed problems, and then the reinstall wasn't done from scratch so stuff got crosswired.
    Well thats what I did just now also installed new launcher but seems like it remembers me.Multiplayer is still same because its nothing related to install I know but single player should be ok now.

Reactions: Edymnion

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, getting single player fixed was priority #1, IMO. Least that way you can still build.

Have you tried logging into some random other server, see if its just Beriere thats borked?

Reactions: Starjet
    Reaction score
    Yeah, getting single player fixed was priority #1, IMO. Least that way you can still build.

Have you tried logging into some random other server, see if its just Beriere thats borked?
    Others servers are working perfectly and if I enter Beriere with another name I directly come to main spawn as a new player

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Others servers are working perfectly and if I enter Beriere with another name I directly come to main spawn as a new player
    Okay, well if SP works fine and other servers work fine, it sounds like Beriere is the problem.

Next step would be to get in contact with someone on the server, like an admin if possible, and ask them to go to the sector your main character is in. I've run into glitches with docked entities that fragged entire sectors, so that may be happening here too.

Reaction score
    Okay, well if SP works fine and other servers work fine, it sounds like Beriere is the problem.

Next step would be to get in contact with someone on the server, like an admin if possible, and ask them to go to the sector your main character is in. I've run into glitches with docked entities that fragged entire sectors, so that may be happening here too.
    Well I contacted to a server admin earlier today as Nosajimiki said above it can be that my spawn position is corrupted.Admin wanted my in game name and sector so he can fix it but I couldn't remember the sector so asked faction members from discord idk maybe there is a big karma on me but when someone answered me the admin was already offline also the member said "I think"

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You should also ask them to make a backup copy of the sector before they make any attempts to clear it.

Even if it goes perfectly, having them send the backup of the corrupted sector in to Schine along with a bug report might help get the issue fixed.

Reaction score
    You should also ask them to make a backup copy of the sector before they make any attempts to clear it.

Even if it goes perfectly, having them send the backup of the corrupted sector in to Schine along with a bug report might help get the issue fixed.
    The admin just answered and tried to teleport me to another sector when I join but game gave an error.Admin said that they will try to repair that sector.You wrote this just in time.
    [doublepost=1530637210,1530637061][/doublepost]Btw admin said that I should delete a temp file but no-one knows where is it on Mac
    [doublepost=1530637790][/doublepost]Edit:The admin tried to join that sector now the same problem for him/her too.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So when it will be removed I could spawn?
    Should be able to, yes.

The problem is that something about that sector screwed itself over to the point the sector itself cannot load in. Its not your character thats bugged, its that region of space in general.

Worst case scenario, the admin should be able to remove you from the server completely and let you log back in as a "new" player, maybe talk 'em into spawning you in some replacement ships or materials to get you back up to speed.

Reaction score
    Should be able to, yes.

The problem is that something about that sector screwed itself over to the point the sector itself cannot load in. Its not your character thats bugged, its that region of space in general.

Worst case scenario, the admin should be able to remove you from the server completely and let you log back in as a "new" player, maybe talk 'em into spawning you in some replacement ships or materials to get you back up to speed.
    I don't care bout my ships all of em were faction ships given me for free in a second

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Then yeah. They should be able to wipe you off the server completely so that next time you log in it sees you as a brand new player. Let you do something while they try to quarantine the sector.

Reaction score
    Then yeah. They should be able to wipe you off the server completely so that next time you log in it sees you as a brand new player. Let you do something while they try to quarantine the sector.
    Ok,I think we came to end.Admin teleported me from that corrupted sector to main spawn in the same second when I pressed "spawn" button(great timing).Thank you for all your help and opinions.The problem is solved.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Excellent, glad to hear it!

Just stay way the hell away from that sector until they give you the thumbs up that its been completely wiped and restored!