[Solved] Logic Problem: Should be simple. Blueprint included.

Reaction score
    Blueprint example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tmg2oksimuzcbh/GravityPrison_v1-0-0.sment?dl=0

I've been lurking since Starmade hit Steam. I never heard about Starmade before it was on Steam, but after playing it for a half hour I bought it. Now I rent a small server to help learn the game on with friends, and I try to get anyone who will listen to download the game.

Anyway I ran into a problem when trying to setup what seemed like it should be a simple string of Logic.
    Basically I'm trying to replicate a jail cell I saw on a Star Trek episode years ago. Once I learned the game lets you mess with gravity this was the second of a rapid string of ideas that I wanted to do.

Blueprint of my attempt is linked above.

Explanation:
    What should happen.
    1. A Prisoner walks into a dead end hallway, the Prisoners gravity shifts as soon as they pass through the doorway, causing them to fall downwards towards the back wall. The hallway from the Prisoners perspective is now a pit.

2. A Guard wants the prisoner released.
    The Guard pressing the switch that A) Deactivates the area trigger at the doorway
    and B) opens the Doorway that is the back wall, forcing the Prisoner to fall into a 2nd area effect that switches their gravity to the normal Down state, effectively transforming the pit to a hallway again.

How it should work: Logic Elements
    1. An area effect filling the doorway that triggers a gravity shift. Simple, this works in isolation.

2. The Back wall opens dropping player into an Area trigger which switches gravity. Simple, permanently isolated. So it works.

3. The doorway area trigger is connected to an And block which is also attached to the switch the Guard will use to deactivate the cell and force normal gravity. If the toggle switch is off, the And block should keep the area effect from switching the gravity FROM normal TO the Fall-into-the-pit direction.

Problem: Once I place an And block into the string of blocks controlling a gravity block, the gravity block doesn't activate. Therefore I can't trap the prisoner into the hall while having a shutoff installed.
    As it is I would have to have an entrance and exit...

The Logic seems correct. I installed light blocks to check the various states.
    The light blocks trigger exactly as I would expect, the gravity blocks seem picky.
    (I checked Gravity direction, and whether the gravity is simply being turned on/off. There is zero change)
    If I activate the switch the And block is supposed to toggle manually the Gravity switch takes place properly. So the And block works: Switch+Switch>And>Switch>Light works but not Switch+Switch>And>Switch>Gravity.

Anyway I'm stumped.
    The above blueprint is a barebones example of what I'm trying to achieve, with built-in notes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

- Althing

P.S. Just an Idea, but after placing an And block into the mix, does the string of logic lose track of the Target? I:E the Prisoner? That would explain the light blocks working but not Gravity...
    I suppose using And blocks with multiple player triggers could be complicated for the game to track...

Reaction score
    Player info doesn't propagate through logic. Deeper than one activation module will therefore not work.

Reaction score
    :) Okay thank you very much for your help.

I figured I probably wrote too much, but I wanted to avoid a string of posts asking for additional details.
    At least the question is solved, not my favourite answer, but it's better than none :D

I'll find a workaround that does something similar in a less optimized way.
    I might be able to go from: Normal Gravity > Floor trigger > Pit gravity > Zero G > Fly over floor triggers > Fly into an Area Trigger for normal gravity.

At least I know my use of logic is working.

Thank you again!

- Althing