Smart Auto-Pull

Reaction score
    I've recently noticed that storages will pull whatever a factory has in it if they are set to auto-pull everything, and this includes what the factory needs to make the item its producing, and for me, that is a problem because I don't want to set up my storage so it doesn't pull anything that is in the manufacturing tab because that is tedious (IDEA: Be able to remove a category of pulls the same way you can add one) and I have to copy those settings over to three other storages.
    As an added bonus, what if i want to produce standard armor? "Just give it hull and a hardener" Yes, but then the storage is going to pull the hull out because the only things that the storage doesn't pull are the ones in manufacturing, yet hull isn't in manufacturing. "Just remove hull from the storage auto-pull" Of course, but what if I want to produce hull, the storage won't be taking it out when it's finished because I've now removed it from the auto-pull.

See my problem?

Here's how i want it solved: The storage recognizes that it's pulling from a factory, it goes and checks what the factory is producing and what it needs to produce that, and makes sure to not pull the ingredients out.

Another solution: Once a factory produces something, it checks whether or not it is connected to another inventory and, if it is, sends the finished product there.

I genuinely hope this makes it into the game soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Factories pull resources they need from storages. As in, you can put the materials to produce in a storage, then the factory pulls those materials in and you'll only see the material (unless you don't have enough to produce, in which case it'll get the raw material)

This is a simple solution that works well 80% of the time. If you're still worried, you could set up a factory loop to auto pull resorces back into the factory resource storage to keep everything nice and tidy.

Reaction score
    Factories pull resources they need from storages.
    I'm not talking about how factory input is handled, I know it exists and it works wonders.
    I'm talking about how factory OUTPUT is handled, what I'm trying to do is a system where you can manufacture anything by changing the production of the factory and putting as much material as you want into it. I want to make it so that once it makes a single item, that item is sent to an intermediary storage and then to bulk storage (the intermediary storage is there because the bulk storage is set up to pull everything except raw ores and other things like that).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I get that - but the feature you're requesting isn't necessary if you have your factory resources in a storage BEFORE the factory. That way the only blocks/items that are ever in the factory, are the blocks you want to manufacture... one that can sit neatly underneath the factory.

Reaction score
    Good point, but I still think a feature like this should be in the game because it would simplify a lot of the factory setups.