Small Update: Status on New Chat System

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Greetings Astronauts!

Firstly I'd like to thank all of you for continuing to support StarMade and our site, StarMadeDock! Over the past month we've been hard at work on a new chat system to replace our IRC-based solution and I'd like to take this moment to give you all a brief summary of where we are at this time.

The short answer is: We have the new system and it's currently in testing.

The long answer is:
    Due to the nature of the new system, integrating it with the services we want it to work with (i.e. the registry system, the forums, etc) it's been a long, upward battle in customizing it to meet our needs. We essentially have had countless iterations and research periods where we've attempted to make it as versatile as we want and still keep it manageable on resources and our staff. We've had the new system for months, but since we're really asking a lot of this system we want it to be as perfect as it can be before we release it.

We don't have an estimated time of release at this point in time, but we're hoping in the near future we'll be able to start slowly pushing it out.

Again, thank you all very much for continuing to use our services and stay tuned for more updates!

If you have any Questions, Comments or Concerns please feel free to reply and ask us below and we'll do our best to answer them!

Good Luck Out There!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I really can't wait for the new system to come out! The irc chat is quite frankly rather underwhelming. Anyways, I'd like the site team to know that your work and efforts are very appreciated :D

Reaction score
    Y'know, the fact that it is taking a while implies that there is more to it than a simple upgrade. Is there something you're not telling us, Resba?

Also can't wait, good luck and get cracking lad/lass/whatever you are.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Y'know, the fact that it is taking a while implies that there is more to it than a simple upgrade. Is there something you're not telling us, Resba?

Also can't wait, good luck and get cracking lad/lass/whatever you are.
    Implementing an entire chat system with the forum software as well as the registry, which means a lot of work. We're not running a normal out of the box forum and website here.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It would be nice if somehow you got the chat to interface with an IRC channel, a lot of us have gotten used to not having to be on the site to use the chat.

Reaction score
    IRC compatibility is a good thing, though some of the less technical, or younger users here may not be interested or willing to use a simple but powerful communication interface, I would appreciate if it was still an option

Reaction score
    it would be nice if i could change the size of the game window like i can in minecraft
    You can just go into the setting where you see the fullscreen button and the part where it says resolution try making it smaller