SkylordLuke Q&A [here goes nothing!]

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Wanna learn something about Skylord?
    For 2 years i was involved with almost everything that ever happened.
    some good things and some not soo good. ask anything you want to know about my journey from a puddle maker...
    to a Masterbuilder. A rocky climb into madness!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alright, same questions for you as for everybody else, puls one extra, because i was never able to wrap my head around it.

1: Is the balance of starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    2: Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these balance issues?
    3: Why the hell, do your ships look so pretty, but are fitted with... lets just say very disappointing systems? (Sorry, i just cant wrap my head around it)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Alright, same questions for you as for everybody else, puls one extra, because i was never able to wrap my head around it.

1: Is the balance of starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    2: Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these balance issues?
    3: Why the hell, do your ships look so pretty, but are fitted with... lets just say very disappointing systems? (Sorry, i just cant wrap my head around it)
    1. simple yes! without balance,the game would be in most cases unplayable. we will always try to reach that peak where everything is in perfect balance,ofcourse that is impossible in any game,but we can do our best,and come very close to it :)
    2.I imagine 50% of my time in the council will go on talking with people whos threads and ideas might bring new cool things and features to this game,examining them,figuring out balance issues,fixing lose edges,and then presenting it to the council.
    but in the end,I love art,I love style,I love rich universe! i will support all good ideas,but my eyes will always get caught on ideas that will enrich the universe and exploration side of starmade.
    3. well,i agree that my ships are (in most newer cases) no match for ships with better systems.
    that is because I was not building systems in them to balance them with other peoples ships.
    If you put all my newer generation ships (since the last weapons update) they are all using same/similar systems,so they go very well against each other. I build my ships because I am the ONE who will play with them once the game is polished,and more exploration gameplay is added to the game. so i need them to be balanced between all MY ships,not others,and im releasing all my ships so that other people who will play with them.. can do the same :)
    thanks! :D

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    that is because I was not building systems in them to balance them with other peoples ships.
    Do you think that this might affect your outlook on balance changes?

To elaborate further: while your ships are balanced against each other, you admit a deficiency against a generally more PvP oriented ship. Do you think this lack of general combat experience affects your point of view on weapons balance?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Do you think that this might affect your outlook on balance changes?

To elaborate further: while your ships are balanced against each other, you admit a deficiency against a generally more PvP oriented ship. Do you think this lack of general combat experience affects your point of view on weapons balance?
    yes,its does affect my view on weapons balance,but not to the point where i consider myself bad with weapons,because i do understand that one side should not overpower the other one,and i do know how to build the same systems as everyone else.
    but because i never actually played with said systems in a real PVP battle.. I will always turn back to people who are experienced with building weapons systems and actually fought with other people