Simple Faction Lock Fix

Reaction score
    Hey there Devs!

I have a small dilemma on my server, as we utilize rather exceptionally large ships that often have excessive amounts of drones/turrets/docked things of one type or another.

Spawning these ships in from a BP is, to put it simply, a horrible nightmare during the faction-locking process. Faction locking each individual turret and drone and fighter/docked thing is actually buggy on some of our ships. You can't swap into the seats of each one, and even doing so takes forever when it DOES work.

(E.G. Nuclearfun's Battlecruisers, in excess of 45+ turrets and tens of fighters/other docked things.)

I simply propose that when you faction lock a ship, it activates the faction lock for every single thing currently docked to that ship to mirror the faction of the ship itself. With this small fix (I would hope it wouldn't be a mountain of coding, but I'm a voice actor...not a coder.) you could instantaneously spawn and lock every aspect of a ship, and activate the weaponry from within the ship-entity computer. This would be very, very useful in heated situations. Such as being attacked while attempting to lock a spawned-in carrier with a large drone capacity.

Let me know what you think, what the problems with my idea may be, or any feedback you have on the issue! Would love to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

-Ben

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'd like a "propagate down" button on faction modules.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Yeah, there needs to be an option to automatically also assign all docked entities.
    (E.G. Nuclearfun's Battlecruisers, in excess of 45+ turrets and tens of fighters/other docked things.)

Reactions: Ophialacria
    Reaction score
    Even more annoying is having to activate the ai on every single turret manually. We need either a activate-all ability from the main ship or have the ai automatically turn on/off as people get out/into the core respectively.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Even more annoying is having to activate the ai on every single turret manually. We need either a activate-all ability from the main ship or have the ai automatically turn on/off as people get out/into the core respectively.
    That's a thing you can do under the structure tab.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really? Was this added recently, or is it just that nobody has told me this before?
    It's been in for a while. Not a lot of people look in the structure tab, though.