Shootout Rail Speed Config Option?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Is this a config option? I have not been able to find it. Can we please have a way to change the speed at which things are shot out by shoot out rails? We were originally told this would be coming within the next update or two after they were added, but it never happened.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Why do we need this, isn't the sole reason behind a launch rail to launch craft off a ship? if so, why would we need to vary the speed?

I mean no offence to your suggestion, I''m just confused... as usual.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    this is yet another attempt at trying to get something that many people have felt was missing from the game for years now: Physical missiles.

Just throwing out a reminder that this game STILL has no AI ramming mode.

Reaction score
    AI on a ship with no weapons will close to what amounts to ramming distance (Damage pulse range, I think) and orbit. It's simple to change that to ramming. That said, nobody really WANTS ramming to be a thing---collisions, man. collisions. Lag.

Yeah, we do need a way to adjust this.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Why do we need this, isn't the sole reason behind a launch rail to launch craft off a ship? if so, why would we need to vary the speed?

I mean no offence to your suggestion, I''m just confused... as usual.
    So people could make a server where, for example, the only weapons were warhead launchers. Or maybe a server admin just thinks that 25m/s is too slow for launching fighters. Why would you NOT want something like this? More options for server operators is always nice.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    As I recall when the Vipers launched from the original Battle-star Galactica the pilots were slammed back in their seats for what looked like a few Gs of acceleration. They left the mother-ship at close to cruising-speed. Heck Yeah, I wanna launch my Fighter from a Tardy-Cannon! :p

Last edited: