Shipyard never finishes loading design

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I had a design loaded and was feeding it resources, at about 99% done the blocks in the shipyard inventory stopped being used by the shipyard, the ship wouldn't complete. The blocks in the shipyard flashed on/off as if they were being pulled out but were then immediately coming back to the inventory. After mucking with it for a few hours, including logging off and letting the sector unload a number of times, I got mad and deleted the shipyard docker and computer. I then replaced them and tried to load a different design. Now the green design loading bar gets all the way to the end but the design never completes loading and all shipyard options are greyed out so I can't clear it or reset it. I tried this multiple times and even moved the shipyard and core to different locations but still no design would complete loading. (Note with most every test I logged off and let the sector unload.) After reaching the end of my temper I saved the whole station to blueprint and had an admin destroy and respawn the base, ( I forgot about my inventories and lost a lot of resources to add to my woes.)

When the station was respawned the shipyard would now load and unload designs. I thought great, problem solvered, and went about getting the duplicate ships that had come about from all the mucking around into the shipyard to deconstruct them to try and recover some resources. Three ships deconstructed fine, the 4th one, after docking it to the shipyard, was not detected in the shipyard computer. The shipyard remained as if it had nothing docked. I undocked and tried multiple times including logging for a sector reload and with different ships. The shipyard simply would not detect it had a ship in it. So I tried to load a new design and bam, straight back to refusing to complete the load and I'm back to square one.

I spent more then a day futzing with this. I lost all my accumulated resources. My shipyard now appears to be permanently broken. I can't repair any of my ships nor build new ones. I'm generally S.O.L.
    Today, (if my temper holds and I don't just say F-IT,) I'm going to try getting an admin to wipe the sector and load a backup station blueprint, (which unfortunately is a couple of days old so more work lost.) To put it frankly, I'm really pissed off.

I'm posting this here to share my experience and see if anyone has had similar issues or knows of any way to resolve a shipyard not completing or loading designs. This is not the first time I've had this issue, though it is the first time I've had it on a public server where I didn't have admin privileges and couldn't just revert to backup. Any info on why this happens or how to fix it appreciated.

Cheers,
    MrG.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    been having this myself - only online, and usually after NPC fleets have begun dropping entities (again). ive tried all sort sof past workarounds (including deleting, moving and filtering out shipyard comps, anchors and modules, and making anew shipyard - no luck so far. logs show jack all i can see as well).

edit: this also maintains after relogging, moving sector for a time and logging off for extended periods including server restart. havent seen this in about a year i think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Update; Unclaiming the station and putting a faction permission block beside the shipyard and reclaiming the station seems to have cleared the issue... suggests to my novice eye it could be a permissions issue on the ship or station?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Update; Unclaiming the station and putting a faction permission block beside the shipyard and reclaiming the station seems to have cleared the issue... suggests to my novice eye it could be a permissions issue on the ship or station?
    thats odd. may give it a try and see myself. will let you know how it goes.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Completely forgot to post back on this.
    I tried what you said, and while I still cannot use my shipyard, it did change things slightly. Before, my shipyard was loading the design, which as far as doors and transporters went, was active. Now instead, the design stops loading at 75% and thats it. if i relog, the design is visible, but the shipyard doesnt respond to any commands. Only way to reset it from there is to delete the anchor. pretty sure this is a bug we had last year.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Yeah mine has since broken again as well despite the setup as above. I've spent so much time trying to get the damn thing working again. Got busted ships that I can't repair, my only real option now is to build another shipyard somewhere else and cross my fingers it doesn't break before I've repaired my ships... it's either that or manually tear down the ships and every single frickin' turret.... NOT. This bug really FUBARs what little gameplay there is when you can't repair ships... between this and the borked mining drones refusing to mine I'm just about over it. The one thing that seems to work properly is the power systemt... whooosh.

Reaction score
    I'm having this trouble today too! I only posted a bloody thread about broken fleets yesterday, and now this! These features are over a year old and Schine are spending all their time on big new features? These are game breaking bugs that ruin huge features of your game! How can you be investing your time in new systems when these NEED to be fixed! Your game is over 5 years old, what is going on??

Your player base will dwindle if you keep tempting them with big new features and continually leave them with broken core features.

Has no one managed to find a work around for this issue?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Yeah mine has since broken again as well despite the setup as above. I've spent so much time trying to get the damn thing working again. Got busted ships that I can't repair, my only real option now is to build another shipyard somewhere else and cross my fingers it doesn't break before I've repaired my ships... it's either that or manually tear down the ships and every single frickin' turret.... NOT. This bug really FUBARs what little gameplay there is when you can't repair ships... between this and the borked mining drones refusing to mine I'm just about over it. The one thing that seems to work properly is the power systemt... whooosh.
    Agreed. I've also got jerky-derpy turrets that just wont turn properly - some will, some wont. I'm beginning to get very annoyed.

Reaction score
    Same thing going on twice this week, completely built a new station from scratch and built a new shipyard. It worked for a single day and now its back to being permabroken...

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Same thing going on twice this week, completely built a new station from scratch and built a new shipyard. It worked for a single day and now its back to being permabroken...
    then we need some AndyP flavoured thinggamajig in here.