Shipyard issue (maybe i'm dumb)

Reaction score
    Hi everybody.

As i wrote, maybe i'm dumb (and a team member too btw :p) but...

We cannot load designs in the shipyard. from blueprints. It does nothing and all orders are disable. In fact, all we can do is deconstruct docked ships Or work on a new design. Anyway the shipyard stays busy doing anything it seems.
    So i'm wandering, are we missing something or not ?

Thx for your help.

Reaction score
    You're probably not missing much, if anything. Sometimes it takes ten or twenty tries to get a design loaded properly in a shipyard, because the loading process just gets stuck at some point or the design refuses to load, claiming that "Design overlaps shipyard structure" even though it should fit in the shipyard just fine (like loading a small shuttle design into a shipyard meant for much larger ships). And then there are the times when a correctly loaded design refuses to load after a server crash, while being loaded into a shipyard.

Shipyards have always been buggy and glitchy, even at their best, and the changes to the game's power systems may have further broken them. I suggest you refrain you from using them in any other capacity than simply deconstructing ships for now.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    since the new update i'm also unable to let the shipyard create designs from blueprint items or from the catalogue...

Deconstruct to design works only with old power ships...

and if you create a design with new power... unloading it from the shipyard seems a good way to corrupt the design.

also if i dock a ship with new power to a shipyard and do a relog on the server the ship is gone... and only the docked things like turrets and stuff with no own reactors are floating where they once where docked...

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    If the physical copy of the ship gets destroyed or altered, it would also fail to load and get stuck loading the design.
    Try to create a new design from a blueprint and try to load that.
    It also sometimes helps to rename the design when asked for the name.

- Andy

Reaction score
    If the physical copy of the ship gets destroyed or altered, it would also fail to load and get stuck loading the design.
    Try to create a new design from a blueprint and try to load that.
    It also sometimes helps to rename the design when asked for the name.

- Andy
    what?
    why is "any" physical copy of the ship, i have a blueprint of from which i want to make a design from, responsible for the shipyard not loading the design?
    and how is this supposed to work if i deconstruct my only available kind of one ship to a design not working?
    oh wait the shipyard just alterred the physical copy... sorry the design will not work now...

Andy seriously whats that answer about?

Reaction score
    Thanks for your help.
    Well, i'll be waiting then for an update to use this shipyard ^^