Ships should be render in group structures not chunks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I encountered a bug today where groupings on weapons came ungrouped on their own. I soon realized this is an issue that is causing a number of other issues.
    It is because the constant evaluation and separation of the structures in the form of chunks.

A group structure system would be far better it could in effect have its own mesh in which the surface could be still covered with cub surfaces.
    There is absolutely no reason at all to constantly check blocks inside a group unless something is done that could change the group such as damage or editing. The contents of a group be it a weapons system have no need for constant evaluation.
    A power supply after being formed as a group block only needs the values of the capacitance and generation kept. If damage or editing happens then the group can be reevaluated and then reformed again as a group.
    When it comes to weapons system all it needs is the cost in power, size,damage and firing point... Unless there is some reason for that to change there is no reason to evaluate and keep testing it.
    It isn't needed for movement either. A group moves as a single block and any object positions inside it can be easily determined by the groups position and an offset.

Doing this would cut down on CPU use massively.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I hope you are right.

OO..344.5 |L
    OO..3.455 |A
    .02.3..55 |Y (2D)
    1.223.455 |E
    112.344.5 |R
    _________
    D E P T H
    (3rd D) - evaluated left to right (2, not 3)

As soon as 2 numbers would merge, they become a new number. As soon as a number would split (not touching) in one layer, they become 2 different numeric IDs.

Is this what you mean?
    Making multiple blocks on one layer "virtually one group" to ease group detection?

Last edited: