Ship Size Comparison Chart

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm not sure if anybody else has seen this, but thought I'd post it for those of the community who like to build to scale or who just want to know. I often use it to check out the comparison to my other fav Sci-Fi ships.

I only know the auther is DirkLoechel and they make regular updates.

Size Comparison - Science Fiction Spaceships

Enjoy!
    [doublepost=1470958843,1470958620][/doublepost]Hmm.. Maybe I should have titled this "Sci-Fi Ship Size Comparison Chart" :eek:

Reactions: Blodge

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Holy crap that's allot of ships. I'm never going to find the Defiant in there. ;)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or the Tardis as one person pointed out it's the most important ship missing. Lol.
    [doublepost=1470975499,1470975313][/doublepost]By the way, the Defiant is in there. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Someone with a lot of time in their hands could make a StarMade version comprised of popular community content builds. ;)

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Someone with a lot of time in their hands could make a StarMade version comprised of popular community content builds. ;)
    I could most certainly try... provided I can get the GreenScreen mod working first xD

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I could most certainly try... provided I can get the GreenScreen mod working first xD
    You just turn off procedural background and replace the space pngs with a full neon green png.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I got the green screen to work, so I've actually started work on a SM version of that comparison chart. Getting the relative sizes of each ship exact and in scale to each other is proving to be tricky though, but I'm managing fine. I'm leaving out replica ships, since they're not original work.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'd say have one or two replicas for comparison.
    Actually yeah, thinking about it more it seems logical to see how our ships compare with actual sci-fi universes. I think I'll add a Star Trek Constitution-class (289m/305m) and Galaxy-class (642m), and perhaps an Imperial-II Star Destroyer (1600m) from Star Wars. That should be enough to establish a comparison.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Holy crap that's allot of ships. I'm never going to find the Defiant in there. ;)
    Found it! Directly below the Galaxy class on the far right side. Look for the big yellow ball. Then go all the way to the right of the image. Then go down a bit. The Defiant is nothing but a sliver. If you reach Nero's Ship from J.J. Abram's Star Trek, then you've gone too far down.

Or the Tardis as one person pointed out it's the most important ship missing....
    The reason the Tardis is missing is because the artist set a limit range of 100m-24km. Here is their reasoning for the dismissal of the Tardis:
    "Q: And where's TARDIS?
    "A: It's both too large and too small for the chart."

I love the first reason. It is too large (> 24km!!!!!).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Actually yeah, thinking about it more it seems logical to see how our ships compare with actual sci-fi universes. I think I'll add a Star Trek Constitution-class (289m/305m) and Galaxy-class (642m), and perhaps an Imperial-II Star Destroyer (1600m) from Star Wars. That should be enough to establish a comparison.
    star trek makes my soul hurt

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    How so?

The "everyone's a filthy Peacenik communist" part, or the bit where they forgot everything we've ever learned about ground combat?

(Or the ship aesthetics, which I agree aren't for everyone.)
    It has 800% to do with the aesthetics of the ships.