Ship Request : BC-308 Achilles

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hey Guys i got a Ship request for you the BC-308 Achilles :

This Ship Has been floating around the net for awhile, its from the Stargate Franchise and besides star trek stargate is my favorite series and this ship would be the ultimate creation to honor that franchise.

The only thing i would like to see is a Bare hull, not a fully operational ship, owner gets full credit if i post a completed variant of it down the road, Grey Standard armor is preferred for its hull, detailing is not required.
    Anyone feel up to this challenge ?

General Specs :
    Length : 564 M
    Grey Standard Armor
    2 Hanger Bays

Achilles BC-308.jpg

Reactions: darknassius

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey Guys i got a Ship request for you the BC-308 Achilles :

This Ship Has been floating around the net for awhile, its from the Stargate Franchise and besides star trek stargate is my favorite series and this ship would be the ultimate creation to honor that franchise.

The only thing i would like to see is a Bare hull, not a fully operational ship, owner gets full credit if i post a completed variant of it down the road, Grey Standard armor is preferred for its hull, detailing is not required.
    Anyone feel up to this challenge ?

General Specs :
    Length : 564 M
    Grey Standard Armor
    2 Hanger Bays

View attachment 21598
    It's class is actually a conflict some say it's a BC-305 and I believe that since of all the fanon ships it's the closest to a BC-304. I ran a contest like this back in 2013 but didn't get any bite.

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'll talk to my friend about making you a smedit model of it. He made my Leviathan and it came out perfect, just required a lot of wedging :D

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'll talk to my friend about making you a smedit model of it. He made my Leviathan and it came out perfect, just required a lot of wedging :D
    Doesn't SMEdit require a 3D model? Last I checked there are only the pictures of the models.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thank you !!! :D i hope it works, just having this would make me happy, my 304 is kinda getting old
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453357674,1453357583][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's class is actually a conflict some say it's a BC-305 and I believe that since of all the fanon ships it's the closest to a BC-304. I ran a contest like this back in 2013 but didn't get any bite.

The BC-305 is the Ares Destroyer, BC-306 is the Hyperion, BC-307 is some kind of Battleship, BC-308 Achilles, just saying.

Also i saw the contest about it, just seeing if we can get a bite now that we have all these epic builders.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Luckily I have SketchUp Pro.

I applied a bunch of cleanup filters to the original SKP. Then exported to a very detailed (non-default) OBJ from SketchUp. Then I converted to a KV6 (using poly2vox) and finally kv6ToSchematic to get a .schematic for SMEdit. A quick import and some smoothing and VOILA, a pretty decent hull.

Send you the .sment file in a PM. Enjoy.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Luckily I have SketchUp Pro.

I applied a bunch of cleanup filters to the original SKP. Then exported to a very detailed (non-default) OBJ from SketchUp. Then I converted to a KV6 (using poly2vox) and finally kv6ToSchematic to get a .schematic for SMEdit. A quick import and some smoothing and VOILA, a pretty decent hull.

Send you the .sment file in a PM. Enjoy.
    Why does only he get one?

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    admiral phoenix asked and supplied me a SKP so that made it WAY easier. So he gets 1st crack at it (and of course I explained how you to can do it). To be fair it's a tad trickier than the 'short version' explained above and he still has plenty of work to do.

Let him work on it for a week or two and post some pictures :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    admiral phoenix asked and supplied me a SKP so that made it WAY easier. So he gets 1st crack at it (and of course I explained how you to can do it). To be fair it's a tad trickier than the 'short version' explained above and he still has plenty of work to do.

Let him work on it for a week or two and post some pictures :)
    Thanks Achriel for the model and i plan to post photos of the ship in progress here, so keep watching ;)
    and Thadius Faran i'll share when i get the hull refined some more, and make sure the detail work is somewhat done,
    shouldn't take more than a few weeks ( most likely it will become a server build ) and maybe i can get you onto the server to
    see it while i am building, we got a whitelist so kinda hard to get anything done or show anyone anything. :(

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's been done, maybe 4-6 months ago, now, by a guy on Mushroom Fleet. Just noticed this thread %)
    Not a bad ship but a long way from so good it's not worth re-doing. The new hull is an improvement with limited modification (still needs a little cleanup) and I'm sure the finishing/interior can be improved.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's been done, maybe 4-6 months ago, now, by a guy on Mushroom Fleet. Just noticed this thread %)
    your point ? alot has changed in 4-6 months, i respect mushroom fleet and there ship builds, but somethings they take poetic license on the ships looks or weaponry, something that makes it not stargate anymore just a paperweight that looks half-way decent. my Achilles project will still continue as planned, and my newest kreo'ssan warbird will go on as planned, its my project and no-one can say anything to stop or slow my progress, done or not this is my project. ( not meant as a bash or negative comment just speaking my mind here )