Ship Cord-Cabling

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    So, in a previous suggest I had done, I said something along the lines of re-route-able power cables going through out the ship, and gave an example. Well I am thinking Pipes that connect a storage to another storage, an example of this is Minecraft Buildcraft Pipes, or Better, Space Engineer Pipes, gives the realism points, and technically makes sense, beings we some how link a storage to something and it magically goes there after a 'pull tick'. Logic can be used for some cables to say for instance allow a signal of 1 (on) will activate a pipe in a storage to storage, allow the moving of blocks being blocked mid moving process, thus stuck in middle of line of pipes. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's bad enough we have the logic tubes everywhere ,and you have to spend so much effort to hide them.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The ability to get items "stuck" somewhere in the path seems like more trouble than it's worth. I don't see anything that can't be "pretended" with RP pipes.
    On the other hand, it would be neat to use 3D-modeled pipes and other such decorative blocks, such as coolant pipes and the "pipes" block in logic paths to redirect the logic pipes. That would be a cool, realistic use of piping blocks. (By requiring master-slave mechanics, this way of using pipes would be entirely optional, and you could still use logic pipes in a decorative fashion if desired.)

Reactions: JumpSuit

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    It's bad enough we have the logic tubes everywhere ,and you have to spend so much effort to hide them.
    Not that kind of pipe, actual block pipes.
    [doublepost=1474983866,1474983583][/doublepost]
    The ability to get items "stuck" somewhere in the path seems like more trouble than it's worth. I don't see anything that can't be "pretended" with RP pipes.
    On the other hand, it would be neat to use 3D-modeled pipes and other such decorative blocks, such as coolant pipes and the "pipes" block in logic paths to redirect the logic pipes. That would be a cool, realistic use of piping blocks. (By requiring master-slave mechanics, this way of using pipes would be entirely optional, and you could still use logic pipes in a decorative fashion if desired.)
    What I was saying was just an example. If you think about it, logic connected to tubes moving items around could be good for logic users for dispensers and rp ships, or for implemented uses for moving items to factories or shipyards. Basically a replacement of those pesky, 'Shift + C or V' on a storage to another storage, and items just go their on their own accord. I find it cummbersome to have to guess where a block will go to where if i was not the one who setup the factories or storages myself, I wouldn't know where to look on the station.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, tracking down connections and flowpaths can be tricky. I definitely feel that pain.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Yeah, tracking down connections and flowpaths can be tricky. I definitely feel that pain.
    Most certainly, hence why I propose realistic type of transport pipes instead of that kind of system for moving of items or power cables for computers and other things to be wired up as.

Last edited: