Suggested Ship computers should transmit some signals for logic blocks

Reaction score
    Sorry if this was already posted as a suggestion, but here it goes in case it wasn't :

Ship computers should be able to send logic signals to blocks for various tasks - for example, if the reload cycle is finished, or if the computer is 'firing', etc... I think that it would be good for making various things with auto cannons - like timed firing. For example - right now, we can't tell if the reload cycle is finished, we need to use delay logic and 'time' the event with more or less success, using overcomplicated circuitry. This way, we would just get the pulse from the computer, and it would trigger certain action - like firing the missile or moving some rail stuff, etc...

Imagine heavy missile rotary firing turrets : It would fire the missile, do rotation / translation, fire second missile and so on. The circuit would be much simplified. It wouldn't rotate to the next missile barrel if the reload isn't finished yet for that one. Also it wouldn't matter if we made the missile reload longer in the meanwhile. It would work in any case.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Yes it has been suggested before and yes it is good idea.

The dock actually has a logic-section but I often forget to post logic ideas there.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes it has been suggested before and yes it is good idea.

The dock actually has a logic-section but I often forget to post logic ideas there.

but I often forget to post logic ideas there.

but I often forget to post logic ideas there.
    Go out there and post... post like you've never done before! I believe in you!

dare.bgd Read by Council - Logic signal from computers and Weapon computers create Logic Signal and more. Sorry but suggested :)

Reaction score
    Ah nice. Sorry it seemed like a good idea to post it, but I am not that active on forum so - I posted it just in case no one thought of that (yes, I must be the smartest person on earth to think of that idea first - :sarcasm: :D )