Shift to sprint while in gravity

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Wait, other people DON'T build sideways gravity blocks at ends of long hallways for quick-travel?

Reaction score
    Wait, other people DON'T build sideways gravity blocks at ends of long hallways for quick-travel?
    Sometimes, but it gets awkward when the hallway is only 20 blocks long and there are doors at both ends, one of which leads directly to space. Ultimately, it's a bit of a hassle having to constantly swap gravity. Sprinting would be an approach that would require no special station setup and make smaller areas more bearable.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I do hope this is considered. It would be extremely easy to implement, and would positively impact gameplay in terms of navigating large ships and stations, reaching other players to interact, as well as boarding/counter-boarding actions.

Reaction score
    Shift is already used to let you walk, which implies the character is usually running if shift is not pressed.
    From keyboard.cfg:
    Code:
    WALK = RSHIFT //Walk
    Now I wouldn't be totally averse to another speed setting, ie. sprinting, provided it is tied to some kind of exhaustion or fatigue, so characters can not sprint indefinitely.
    I already find them running all the time borderline immersion breaking.

EDIT:
    Déjà vu 2016

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Shift is already used to let you walk, which implies the character is usually running if shift is not pressed.
    From keyboard.cfg:
    Code:
    WALK = RSHIFT //Walk
    Now I wouldn't be totally averse to another speed setting, ie. sprinting, provided it is tied to some kind of exhaustion or fatigue, so characters can not sprint indefinitely.
    I already find them running all the time borderline immersion breaking.

EDIT:
    Déjà vu 2016
    The idea is you don't want to sprint all the time because sometimes you need to move precisely around blocks. And it is absurd that the character's current speed is considered sprinting.

Reactions: MacThule