Rejected Shield management

Reaction score
    Shield Management

Hi
    Today I look to the shields;

Their mechanism is pretty simple, that's why i have this:

This is an exmple: the shield surround the ship without touching the blocs.

With this we cand do an improvement, their management:

The circles is an representation of the shield:

We can redistribute power of the shield at other parts to empowered them.

good idea? me too!

Reaction score
    Certainly not the first to propose bubble shields, but I do like the (Star Wars EU-like) mechanism of choosing where your shields are strongest, which leads to localized shields failures, particular weakpoints, etc. Also, it allows for starfighter tactics to become more valuable---a salvo of starfighter missiles/projectiles won't then need to disable the shields of the entire enemy vessel, just a section, before making a second run to destroy the ship.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Definitely no thanks. Bubble shields would encourage people to try and ram to stick their guns under the bubble and ignore the enemy shields, which sounds like a disgusting laggy nightmare to me. Rerouting shield strengths to different areas is also not something I agree with. Shields are supposed to be everywhere and equal. if you want stronger protection in one specific area, use armor, and design your ship with good armor locations.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    There are three certain things in a starmader's life: Taxes, death, and bubble shield suggestions.