server variables for mining deposits

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    as much as i tend to be long winded, i will try to be brief.

• please consider giving servers the tools to de-incentivize the mining of planets as a practice by allowing us to adjust the density of mineral distribution in planets and asteroids separately in addition to or in lieu of the general "mining bonus" variable.
    • the availability and distribution of asteroids and their mineral deposits would surely be a welcome addition (i believe the hunt for larimar october is a well loved franchise at this point), but above and beyond in this humble citizen's opinion. personally, i say keep hiding the materials to make shielding and weapons, they shouldn't be terribly easy to come by just because players want to see big numbers their brains cannot fathom.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    as much as i tend to be long winded, i will try to be brief.

• please consider giving servers the tools to de-incentivize the mining of planets as a practice by allowing us to adjust the density of mineral distribution in planets and asteroids separately in addition to or in lieu of the general "mining bonus" variable.
    • the availability and distribution of asteroids and their mineral deposits would surely be a welcome addition (i believe the hunt for larimar october is a well loved franchise at this point), but above and beyond in this humble citizen's opinion. personally, i say keep hiding the materials to make shielding and weapons, they shouldn't be terribly easy to come by just because players want to see big numbers their brains cannot fathom.
    The stuff for shield-rechargers is not really well hidden at all. Being able to tweak asteroid spawning would be awesome.

Reaction score
    The stuff for shield-rechargers is not really well hidden at all. Being able to tweak asteroid spawning would be awesome.
    that would be because its the stuff for shield capacitors that is hidden.... in the blue asteroids...

Reaction score
    And in many planets. I think parseen and sapsun should be harder to come by.
    the whole point of this thread was to DE-INCENTIVIZE that means stop, decrease the frequency of, remove rewards for, mining planets.

I agree taht parseen and sapsun are too common and i actually think a nice balance could be achieve if that would even out the parseen sapsun and rammet sertise ratio a little bit.

I don't actually see a reason why laramir has to be so rare especially when it is a key component in one of the (in my opinion) most attractive colors (minus the hull which i don't like).

Random distribution is one thing but there is no reason why there should just be "less of" one kind of asteroid.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    A shortage of resources ('less of') has been a factor in many conflicts. Scarcity and over abundance drive the economy. It's a pretty boring game if you don't have to work for it. If you want whatever resources anytime you feel like it, that is what creative mode is for. Frankly, I spend most of my time in a creative universe. I like quiet.

But when I want a challenge, I play without creative. I scour the galaxy looking for the resources I need to make my ships and stations better.

I hate the very idea of planet cracking. My personal philosophy is that it should be a banning offense. This has nothing to do with lag. If you want to mine the planet minecraft style, that's something else. But going all deathstar and suckling up the remains, gtfo.

With the coming of fauna, planetary destruction should become more counterproductive. With the reintroduction of asteroid spawning via faction points, planetary destruction should become less needed. I hope the devs add more benefits to having planets, like oxygen. (Has anyone tried a planetary shipyard? I have my next project.)

As I understand it, fauna will be providing more resources as well. Considering the number of complaints, I expect the recipes will get another overhaul. (Devs, it can wait) But still, some things should always be harder to get. What those things will be, I don't know. I'm hoping it will be a case of availability based on regional attributes, like the center of the galaxy having more of one thing, the arms being abundant in another, and blue stars having a third. Just some examples.

I'm really looking forward to the cargo update, when I can really start designing my merchant freighter fleet. You guys go ahead and blow each other up, I'll sell you blocks to make new ships.

Any way, after wandering all over the place, server options would be a good thing. But there are so many changes already in the pipeline it may not really be practical to add them in yet. Depends on whether it's a 15 minute job or a 15 day job. I expect we will see them eventually.

PS: Schema , you really should think about splitting the configuration file. Or at least organize it into sections or something. It's getting pretty big and hard to find stuff. :p I hope it gets bigger.